Chapter Twenty-one (New Chapters)

Start from the beginning

BANG!

She yelped, getting under the covers, shutting her eyes tightly. With the thunder, it almost felt like the house was shaking from impact and it terrified her. The blankets did nothing, it didn't defend the noise or block the sight of the lightning through the window, or the incessant pattering of the rain.

BOOM!

At that moment she realized at times like this, that she had never actually been alone. When she was a toddler it was her mother holding her, then it turned to Clay and when she got into the system, there was at least the comfort of knowing there was a person on the other side of the wall. But now, in the empty, hollow house, where no one could save her from her own fear. And suddenly, she felt it, under the covers and pulled out her phone from her pocket, surprised to see an unknown number. She answered it, shakingly bringing it to her ear.

"Hey, I got your number from Stella. I just wanted to tell you you forgot you're-"

"Come back" she cut him off mid-sentence, and for once, she didn't feel guilty about it.

"What?"

"Just please god come back!" she raised her voice into the phone.

"Are you Ok? Is something wrong?!"

"Just come back!" She immediately hung up the phone, throwing it off the bed. She was in disbelief at her own stupid actions. Her fear had taken control of her and she had royally screwed up. She felt horrible, digging her head into the pillow and wetting it with her tears, shaking under the covers. How could he ever face him again after having such an outburst?

BANG!

She let out a terrified yelp, feeling the house shake. But, if she stayed in her ball, she would protect herself from the demons, at least she hoped.

"Blake?" her eyes opened in surprise, pulling the cover from above her. There he stood, completely soaked. She just sat there, staring for a few moments, trying to take in the sight in front of her.

"You're actually here," she said, words of disbelief.

"Well, you asked me to" he responded. She got up quickly, moving past him and grabbing the towel hanging by the door, watching as he took his jacket off. She started wiping his cheeks with an edge of the towel.

"I couldn't see through my windshield, so I parked my truck and ran over instead" she pulled the towel away, looking up at his eyes.

"You ran through that storm...for me?" she asked. He looked amused by her shocked face. And then it happened again, a bang so loud it sent her right into his chest, shaking.

"You're afraid of storms? Why didn't you say anything?! I would have stayed!" he insisted, leading her over to the bed. She set her down on the covers. "Just wait" he started wandering around her room as she watched, but another flash of lighting and an ear-shattering bang had her digging under the covers, hiding. "I got it" she felt when he leaned over the bed, pulling the covers from her face. She leaned up slightly, shocked to see her blue winter earmuffs in his hands and a smile on his face. He grabbed her head, placing the earmuffs over her ears.

"I need you to hug me" he claimed, sitting down on edge of the bed

"Wha-" another bang and she hurried over there in a second, grabbing onto him tightly. She could feel it when he removed her glasses, a piece of cloth was slid over her eyes, under the earmuffs and she could feel it when he tightened it against the back of her head.

"There, see? It's perfect" she wanted to mention that she could hear him very clearly, which didn't make it perfect at all, as she would still be able to hear the thunder. But, she didn't have the heart to tell him. Another bang of thunder and she started to shake harder in his hold, making small whimpers of fear, her fist wrinkling the collar of his shirt.

"I need you to stop making those noises" she bit her lip, trying to stop herself, but it hardly helped "Please Blake, you have to stop making those noises" the thunder rung outside and it terrified her, her voice shaking "Blake, if you keep making those noises I'm going to have to stop you and might not like it" he warned. She shut her eyes tighter than ever, it caused a sharp pain to form. She tried to stop herself from shaking, but it was like she physically couldn't hold it in. And those noises, ones of pain, like a weak child trying so hard to be strong but failing were the worst.

BANG!

She cried, terrified, but it was stopped suddenly. She couldn't scream, something was blocking her mouth from making any noise. Her eyes opened under the cloth, still unable to see anything. But, she could feel it, so strange. It felt kind of soft, a feeling she had never felt before. Then, she realized exactly what it was. Another set of lips. She pulled away suddenly, getting his attention. She softly reached up, grabbing the edge of the cloth, pulling it up from the way of her eyes. His gaze was intense on her own, not looking away from her eyes. Lucian just kissed me. Lucian Black kissed me.

"Look, I'm sorry Ok! But you were just making such noises of pain! I had to stop them! I'm sor-"

"Do it again" his eyes widened slightly at her words. She could feel his breath on her cheeks, watching as she slipped the earmuffs off her head.

"Blake? Wh-?"

"Please" she begged, grabbing at his shirt, leaning up slightly to be level with his eyes "Please, do it again," she said calmly. And suddenly, every inch closed between them was another heart attack for her. She felt her eyes close on instinct, feeling the very millisecond when his lips pressed against hers again. She let out a sigh of relief against his lips. She felt when his hand tangled itself in her hair, pulling her so unbelievably closer. And somehow, the lightning lighting the room in fleeting shocks didn't matter, the sound of thunder shaking the house didn't matter, nor did the angry incessant patter of the rain against the glass of her window. An arm around her waist pulled her closer and she reached up, grabbing onto his still slightly wet cheeks from the rain he had run through just to get to her.

She pulled away the slightest bit, letting her eyes fall open, and meeting his own, so close they were breathing the same heavy air.

"Thank you" she whispered against his lips, and he smiled, capturing her lips again.

It was right after that kiss when she pulled from him, hearing the rattling of the front door as it opened and shut behind him.

"Hello!"

She inwardly cursed, knowing that if Josh found a boy in her room she wouldn't live to tell her friends what had just happened.

"You need to go" she pushed him back, watching as he stumbled to the floor "Hurry!" she grabbed his arm, pushing him towards the window.

"What happened to using doors?!" he asked, watching as she pushed the window open

"If only boys that aren't supposed to be here had that luxury" she grabbed him again, coming up behind him and pushing him towards the window. It was still raining, coming down hard. He was on the slippery roof, holding on to the shingles as much as he could. But, in the rain he turned back, smiling at her. And she recuperated, right before gasping at the sight when his foot slipping, sending him over the edge. She gasped in disbelief, hearing when he hit the grass and cursed. She gripped onto the windowsill, pushing onto her toes, trying to see. She watched him get up, looking up at her and despite literally just falling ten feet to the hard ground in the middle of a thunderstorm, he smiled.

"See you at school!" he yelled, making her curse, but laugh, hoping Josh hadn't heard him. And she watched him go, until she could no longer see him. She shut the window just as her door opened.

"Blake?" she turned at the sound of her name, smiling at Josh, who looked a little concerned. "What are you doing home?"

"Oh, you know-" she droned on "All sorts of things...?" she held her breath as Josh stared at her for a painful few moments.

"Weirdo" and then he shut the door as he left, leaving her alone in the room to ponder what on earth had just transpired, letting out a breath of relief.