Chapter 24: Awaited

The way she stated her love to Liam put an envious feeling on both Marc and Steven's guts whilst she talked about him. Her broken soul was mending, all by herself. It made them proud of what she had became. A successful, independent, smart, woman that everyone should get inspiration from. This girl managed to make a literal god fall for her. Not to mention that God is a "villain" as other says. Her charms would woo anyone in command.

"I hate to break your cuddling session, but Gabriella needed to eat." The sudden voice of Layla said, as both heads perked up at the sudden greeting.

Marc grumbled, lightly pushing Gabriella's head back in his chest. She chuckled soundlessly, slowly getting up with Marc's help. She lightly held her side whilst she swung her feet at the edge of the bed before feeling the sand between her toes with the hard wood under it. Marc abruptly stood up, offering his arm for her to take knowing that this girl had more than five broken bones. She would've been dead.

"How are you feeling Gab? You have quite a beat up." Layla inquired, placing the plastic bags containing their food on the table whist Gabriella slowly walked over there with Marc's help.

"Sore. Never had experienced being beaten up to bits by Kung Fu masters from the Mandarin. I'm fine though, the bones mends itself for maybe a few days." Gabriella responded, eyes boring at the food on the table.

"Kung fu masters? Like the one on Karate Kid? Or like Jackie Chan?" Steven asked, now fronting after Marc having the assurance that she was well enough.

"Probably. Some of them were armed with magical things that were sold in an old Chinese auction two years ago. I managed to destroy their weapons before I sprained my ankle foolishly." Gabriella explained, quietly chewing on her vegetables while Steven pouted.

"Why didn't you contacted me or Marc?" Steven asks her, while Gabriella shook her head.

"Steven, this is a mission for me. It was Mayari's pearl of Eternal Youth, I have to take it to her before it falls in the wrong hands. And besides, you don't have Khonshu anymore." She lightly coughed, knowing things that she should've told the guy.

"Moral support maybe? I wore your attire! I looked good on it. I've always wanted to see you in your ceremonial attire. Layla said you're gorgeous on it, but I don't recall seeing you wearing that. She also said that your hair is the definition of goals and wind because you can easily defeat Ammit." Steven ranted, while Gabriella stared at him fondly.

This dude made her feel like she's alright, she's safe. He made her feel that she was home without actually being a place. The heart itself picked up it's pace, wanting to be with him, the urge to just...kiss him.

__________________________________

Gabriella stood near the window, her eyes scanning the cold night and the passersby seemingly going home or pubs around. She bit her lip, her mind wondering to the other side of the building as Khonshu sat there, as stealth as his 10 foot arse can be. She shook her head, feeling light footsteps behind her.

"State you love to him young mortal. A love like yours was deserved by no one but them. That mortal may be a worm but he deserves you as much as you did on him." Khonshu comments on her mind, staying as discreet as he can so Steven won't suspect and blow him and Jake's cover.

"What are you doing there, love?" Steven asked, his voice softening at the mention of the pet name he had called her.

"Thinking." She muttered, turning to face the latter whilst he stood in front of her with a confused expression.

"I would want to confess my love for you but I think you already know about it." Steven chuckled awkwardly, while Gabriella agreed.

"Would it feel better if I tell you that I love you too? All of you. That meant Marc too." Gabriella muttered, her voice just above a whisper internally saying Jake's name while Steven did a double take.

His eyes were blown wide open, while his lips parted in shock and awe. Is it too soon? Steven doesn't think so and neither does Marc. Both had been waiting for her answer, yet responding to their feelings put their heads up to euphoria. Unbelievable, yet so believable now.

"Did I said it too soon? Don't mind it Steven." Gabriella assured, only to get pulled back by Steven's puppy dog look on his eyes no one would want to ignore.

"No. I'm just in...shock. Marc says I love you too." Steven said whilst the girl smiled softly.

"How about you, little dove? Do you love me too?" She asked him softly, looking at the male hopefully.

"Oh you don't have to worry about me, I'm all yours. Ehm."

She walked closer to the man, backing him closer to the wall as his back hits it softly. His breath caught up in his throat while Gabriella placed her hands in each side of head as her feet stood on top of a small chair to make her look taller than Steven. Her face inched closer to Steven's while the male almost forgot how to breath. His nose caught a scent of his own and hers mixed together in a dynamic he didn't know he always needed.

"You can tell me if you don't want it Steven." She breathed, her lips was almost brushing over to his own.

"I've been waiting for this since the day I met you." Steven tells her, staring at her glimmering dark brown eyes.

Steven closed his eyes as she closed the gap between them. Fireworks seemed to erupt from his stomach as he felt her soft lips on him. She cupped his face as the latter was still recovering from the shock and how the heck was he kissing the girl he had been admiring. Ah yes. Steven gets the first kiss because he's on the priority list.