Chapter 3: Steaks and Talks

Brushing the soft strands of her hair, Gabriella walked along the pavement still deep in thought. Mayari had specifically asked her to leave the mission once they find the Tomb. She didn't know why, or what the God meant, but she agreed. Though reluctantly. The confusion on why she was reluctant about it was left ignored, Gabriella couldn't be bothered to even think about it.

What was she even doing right now? On a Sunday evening, outside the cold night taking a walk. Her feet had dragged her across the streets, her mind visibly away from reality. Khonshu had told her to lay low, that until everything gets messier than necessary. He was confident Marc could do it, yet this is about Ammit and things would go terrible if not handled carefully. And she had a feeling things would go out of hand.

"...good, yeah very good." A familiar voice reached into her ears, snapping her out of her trance.

______________________________________

Devastated, confused and sad, Steven wanted to punch himself for sleeping for two whole days. He pondered if what happened to him was just a dream or pure reality. How could he even get there without him knowing? He got dressed, walked, ran, rode a vehicle and things while he was asleep. He's either under the influence or is really smart when sleep walking.

"Is this seat taken?" A sudden voice asked, it was soft, deep, yet the emotions were hidden deep beneath.

Steven looked up, his eyes widening in surprise at the familiar face right in front of him. She stood there, her beauty shining before his eyes as he contemplated if he was actually alive right now. He didn't know what came over him the first time he saw her. And he didn't know why he complimented her without chickening out of existence.

"No." Steven says quietly, intimidated by her appearance.

"What of you ma'am? The Kitchen is closing." The waiter asks her whilst she sits down on the chair across from the man.

"I'll have Well Done as well." Gabriella smiled, the waiter nodding in understanding walking away to get their orders done.

Steven sighs sadly, looking up at the woman who tilts her head at him. A small soft smile was embedded on her face while her eyes gazed upon him making him feel small. How could he not? This woman is one of the richest people around Asia, she could buy his existence in just a snap of her fingers. But she doesn't look like she would do that, her vibe was friendly enough to make the man comfortable around her.

"You seemed sad, why are you sad Steven?" She asks him, trying not to push any buttons.

What surprised him was that she actually remembered his name. People around him like Donna, even the Security doesn't even try and correct themselves after he told them his name countless of times everytime he goes to work or even talk to them. And it annoyed him to be honest. He was grateful at least someone cares about even his name.

"I fell asleep, I woke up and it's Sunday, I didn't know it was Sunday. I thought it was only friday. I missed my date with a co-worker." Steven answered, a frown laying on his face while she looked at him sadly.

"It's alright Steven, maybe you both were not meant to be. Things happen, and maybe it happened for a reason." Gabriella says, trying to comfort the male which is evidently working.

"I really liked her though, but I don't know how I asked her out to this place. I'm a vegetarian and I don't think I would pick this place if I remembered what I told her." Steven ranted, just as their orders arrived.

"A vegetarian? Hmm, that's new." Gabriella chuckled weakly, slicing part of the meat and stabbing it with a fork.

"What about you, how'd you find this place?" Steven asks her, curiously looking over.

"I wanted to go for a walk, then I got hungry. I didn't know you would also be here. But nonetheless, I really liked your company." Gabriella tells him, half-truth.

"Really? Well that's a first. People tells me that I'm a nerd on a daily basis." Steven commented, chewing on the meat.

"I like nerds... Platonically. I'm friends with Mass murderers, assassins, mercenaries, basically anyone that kills people for a living. Having a normal friend was... Nice." Gabriella stated blankly, sending a shiver down Steven's spine as he stared at the girl.

Right, a woman like her had deeper connections than a normal one. Her family ran a Weapon Industry. It was rumoured that it also rivaled Stark, and Hammer Industries when it comes to quality and class. A woman with brains, power, and influence. As what his co-workers had told him.

"Isn't it hard then, for you to run a business with everything you have at risk?" Steven asks her whilst she took a bite from her food.

"I wasn't that hard when you have the strategies. All it takes was great management and influence then you'll be set. I'm not scared of loosing it all. What I'm scared of is actually falling in love." Gabriella answered, truthfully yet not knowing why she was spilling everything to the man she barely met.

"Falling in love? How so?" The man asks her again, seemingly curious about what is the reason of her fear.

"Let's just say that I'm scared of feeling something after the pact that I made." Gabriella responds with a small smirk, finishing her meal.

______________________________________

Steven pondered for a minute, thinking how the hell did he even managed to make her agree to what he was planning. Confused? Steven asked if he could walk her to the hotel she was staying on, and she agreed. She could've told him no, and he would be sad for a whole day but she didn't. She was actually nice, despite the other allegations that she was actually a bitch in some occasions but this girl was different.

"Thank you for walking me back Steven, I really appreciated it." Gabriella smiles softly.

"It would be really rude of me if I didn't, Gabriella." Steven shrugged, pondering for a moment before handing her the bouquet of red roses from his hands.

Gabriella bit back a surprise, accepting the flowers with a small smile. She thanked him softly, leaning down to give the man a friendly kiss on the cheek. It made Steven blush, mainly because he never had any direct contact with a woman, especially with someone as gorgeous as her. They soon parted ways, not before exchanging numbers as Steven felt giddy and excited about the new friend he made. Though, he was unaware of her connection on his alter he was bound to know.