Chapter 9: My Great Lover

Slowly opening her eyes, she was greeted by her own reflection on the mirror right in front of her bed. She grumbled, the scar looked badass yet it still pictured something horrible in her eyes. Though she knew there was nothing wrong with it, she can't help but think what would Steven nor Marc thinks when they see her state. The scar ran across her face, her hair did nothing to hide it in public's eyes. This would cause another ruckus with the media, but she could make up a few excuses.

"That is so ugly." She commented on herself, getting up from bed to pack up her stuff once again.

._____________________________________.

"What do you want to do, when you retire?" A male's voice asked in wonder, a younger looking Gabriella shrugging in return.

"To be honest, I loved doing my job. I don't think I would retire. But if I did, I'd live somewhere in the city. Maybe be a business woman, sell clothing lines. I'd be peaceful as long as you're with me. As long as you're still in my life, Liam." Gabriella smiled lovingly, her eyes shining as she glanced at her dear lover.

Liam is a handsome British man. He had pale complexion and tall lean figure. His eyes outshone emeralds as it was bright green. He had long raven hair, with the illusion of it being greasy when it's not. Ahem. His personality was just like Steven's. Though he had a weird obsession with Norse mythology instead. With all the signs I doubt you don't know who I was talking about.

"I'll be here, don't worry love." Liam assured, stroking her cheek as he looked at her lovingly.

"I love you, and I'll always will." Gabriella stated, holding his free hand as she leaned onto his touch.

"And I do too my sweet." Liam said leaning in to kiss her.

All fun games until something happened. Liam disappeared the next day, without a trance. He just disappeared without telling her. She thought he was kidnapped, so she went on a blood thirst. She killed, slaughtered, and tortured just so she could see him again. She did her very best to find him, took every satellite footages, hacker CCTV cameras, everything. All she got was him going to bed in his house and then he disappeared the next day.

It left her broken. She drunk, mercilessly killed, even hurt herself in the process. Her heart shattered into broken pieces as more memories of them both started to pack in her mind. She was devastated, heartbroken, sad, angry, frustrated, at everything. Liam was the only one left among the people that she ever loved. Her friends were brutally murdered, her family were tortured to death, and her lover just disappeared without any trance. And thus, she swore to never love again.

To protect them. To never harm anyone. To have a way to never get her heart's broken pieces mended again then broken back down. She could never stomach another death of a loved one. Or so she believed was death. Well technically....

Liam is actually Loki, you called it I know. Loki had wondered though Midgard only to stumble upon a woman, a woman of the night. He fell in love with a Midgardian he thought so low of all these years. He wanted to go back to her, but Ragnarok happened. All he wanted to do was get back to her and shits, but things happened.

When Thor had told him that they would take refugee on Earth, he was overjoyed and nervous. He wanted to tell her everything, and accept her words against him. He wanted to be safe again, in her arms. He wanted to be with her again even if it's the last thing he'll ever do. Loki would be honest for once and ask for her hand again.

But Thanos happened, and he couldn't fulfill the promise to himself. Until his last moments, he wanted to be with her. He wanted her to not be heartbroken with his disappearance. He wanted her to be happy in his arms, because for once he actually cared for someone other than Thor. He dreamed of being with her until his corpse floated in the space as his soul left on a journey to Valhalla.

He would gladly watch her if that's what all he could do. And he deeply regretted that. He watched her mourn, fall into a deep abyss of fear of love. He watched her get selected as an avatar of an ancient goddess, to protect the innocent and bring vengeance to evil. And most of all, he watched her fall in love with another man similar to the mask he projected to get her love and attention. He watched her feel the love he wanted to give her for eternity to a man she had just met. He regretted not telling the truth when it was early. Though he worried not, because he knew that she will be loved. Not by one, but three hearts in one body.

._____________________________________.

Gabriella shook her head as she boarded the plane along with Marc without a word. She sat beside him, next to the window whilst the man glanced at her. His worried glance was felt as Steven kept observing through the reflected surfaces.

"Talk to her Marc." Steven urged, looking anxiously at the girl sitting silently beside them.

"Your scar looks nice." Marc mumbled, the alter in his mind slapping his face.

"You're really bad at communicating." Gabriella commented, looking directly at his eyes as Marc was sure left him breathless.

"Steven wanted me to talk to you, I don't know what to say just to keep him from pestering me." Marc reasoned, though he knew deep down that he had to break down the silence between both of them.

"How about start a conversation with "what's up?" or "hello." You're doing it awkwardly that I though you are Steven for a second." She shrugged Steven taking no offence in her statement as Marc bites off a laugh.

(just a chapter while I'm on my trip back to the province. Enjoy!!!)