The Leader of a New Generation

It was the role call before our rehearsal, and I was busy warming up in a side split, talking to James, Eldon and West while they were warming up. 

"I can't believe Lucien would try to out us like that. Low blow, man." Eldon buzzed, folding his arms. 

"I mean, it's Lucien." I shrugged. "And get back to warming up, young man." 

"The trip had some highlights too. Like we beat Ella's team in a dance off." West grinned, high fiving James. 

"Let me remind you that Ella tried to stop them. And yeah, we thrashed them, but that was inevitable, wasn't it? Going against The Next Step's finest doesn't come without a price." I laughed, swinging my leg around and doing a backwards walkover to a standing position. 

"I dunno. Maybe the Next Step's finest won't be the finest anymore." James mused deeply. 

"What d'you mean?" Eldon questioned. 

"I'm not staying back next year. I want to spend more time with the band, y'know." 

"I never thought about leaving." West raised his eyebrows, stroking his chin. 

"I'm not leaving. I haven't given enough to The Next Step yet. It's too early." I shrugged, now actually pondering the subject. 

Did I make the right choice? 

"Alright, dancers!" Kate grinned, clapping her hands for everyone's attention. "This is it. Our chance to prove ourselves and give everything we've got. If we don't win, just think about how far we've gotten. I'm so proud of each and every one of you. NOW, WHO'S GONNA WIN THAT TROPHY?!" 

"WE ARE!" We all yelled back, now revved up for the final dance. 

How'd you think I'd do, as the leader of another generation?