When The War Is Over

It was the competition for Mr Internationals Soloist. But... Eldon (thanks to himself) had lost his lucky coin and James and West gave him the wrong one. Now he was pacing, fretting. 

"Why did you give him the wrong coin?!" I quietly argued with James while Thalia talked to Eldon.

"He dropped it in the water and West had that English pound, don't blame me!"

'Will The Next Step male soloist please take the stage?'

I walked to the front of the wings, standing next to Thalia.

"What did you tell him?" I whispered, not taking my eyes off the stage.

"I told him to dance for me." Thalia whispered back, James letting out a gasp.

"I told him that!"

"That's probably why he was nervous." I joked, punching his shoulder. Then the curtain went up, Eldon in his starting position.

When he finished, I clapped. But I needed to go, because I need to get Riley ready. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was passing the rehearsal room when I spotted Ella dancing to Riley's song. Then, peeking in, she was dancing with Riley's solo

I need to get ready, because I might be going on stage. 

Rushing to my team's costume room, I rummaged in there and pulled out my costume, a black jumpsuit with realistic flames sewn onto it. Sitting in front of the  makeup mirror, I started doing my makeup, a flame-like orange and red eyeshadow with black mascara. 

I picked up the blush and swept it quickly across my cheeks, applying red lipstick

I picked up the blush and swept it quickly across my cheeks, applying red lipstick. I couldn't let Riley know about this because she'd fret and possibly faint. So instead, I ran as fast as I could to the wings, where the team was staring in shock at Ella doing Riley's solo. When Riley looked round for me, she gasped in relief, running up.

"Are you ready for Plan B?" She questioned as I pulled on some red pointe shoes, tying them up.

"Ready. Have they been notified?" I pointed towards Ashley Leggat and Chuck Anderson.

"They're being told. You have to beat Ella. No matter what." She pleaded, looking at the performer at the moment since Ella was done with her solo.

"Riley, I haven't told anyone this, but I was last year's Miss Internationals Soloist. I'll be fine." Getting up as the next soloist finished, I got ready, warming up.

'Next up is The Next Step. We first of all had a scheduled performer but taking her place will be newbie Hayley.

'Even so, Chuck, Hayley isn't a newbie to the competition. Last year we saw her in LOD as the soloist and she won the title, and she's here to defend her position.

'And here she is, and wow, does she look stunning! This is giving me the chills already, and let's see if she can give me them again.'

I pulled out my first best trick, which was my 270 splits before the music started.

'Right off the bat, gorgeous extension, and the first one in Absolute Dance history to reach past 90 degrees.'

I knew my plan, which was to go contemporary and ballet for a bit.

'Seems like Hayley is a contemporary and ballet dancer, and a beautiful one she is too, look at how many turns she can do en pointe.'

Then the hip hop section started and I immediately jumped into my normal style, bringing screams and standing ovations from the audience, throwing flips, acro, a 540 bent leg and it took me all I had to not grin.

'I did not see that coming!'

'First we see a beautiful display of contemporary and ballet and  then she jumps into a hypnotic hip hop section to a standing ovation. This could rival Maddie from Stockholm Dance Teater and Ella from Summerford.'

'I think we have our two-time Miss Internationals Soloist!'

As the song ended, I backflipped into a split, doing a kick up onto my knees, folding over. The crowd cheered, screamed and clapped as I bowed, grinning like anything while everyone cheered at the wings. I ran and was immediately met by a complete group hugging me hard. 

'And the winner for Miss Internationals Soloist is... Hayley from The Next Step!'

I shrieked while everyone started clapping, my team running onstage to hug me. When they let go, I conversed silently with the team before turning to Ella, who was also waiting for the title. 

"I hope you learned your lesson." I said coldly, folding my arms. 

"It's part of the game, why do none of you understand?" She replied, grinning.

"Oh, two can play at this one. I renounce my five-point advantage." I know it's a risky move, but I feel that we won't need it. We'll destroy England.

No matter how long it takes.