Blindfolded

The next dance I was in was the 6 person dance, with me, Giselle, Riley, Max, West and James. So I was here, practicing it to the end of my days when West rushed in. 

"WE'RE THROUGH!" He shrieked, Eldon rushing in, whooping. 

"This calls for some celebratory food!" Eldon giggled before his stomach rumbled, the awkwardness now palpable.

"Bros! I have something!" James ran in, waving a piece of paper, "We can go on a scavenger hunt."

"Prize?" I asked, leaning on Eldon.

"We get to have an all-you-can-eat buffet." 

"That works for me!" Eldon agreed instantly.

"There is no question." West wiggled his eyebrows, joining Eldon.

"And I... am in just so Eldon can stop groaning about his extra large stomach." I winked, snatching the sheet. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok, we have to take this blindfold and put it over the eyes of someone who is most likely to find their way over to that costume rack and pick out the biggest costume." They all looked over to me, so I snatched it, put it on and walked over to the rack, picking the biggest costume out.

"Simple." I scoffed, shaking it.

"Then you have to put it on and do your role in the six person dance with it, still having the blindfold on. Your teammates have to take a video of you doing it." I slid the costume on, starting my part while Eldon and West were falling over each other in laughter, James trembling in his effort not to laugh.

"Wait. That gives me an idea." He pointed to me doing the dance with the blindfold on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'All the lights, all the sound...' I was at the front, and I was wearing a blindfold. We thought that to take the dance to the next level we'd need that wow factor, so we decided to make me wear a blindfold. The judges were loving it, the crowd was loving it and I could see Kate in the wings screaming.

West and I led the hip hop section, Riley the contemporary, Giselle the tumbling and Max lifted all three of us girls at the same time. I swore I could hear Luke cheering from Toronto.

I wouldn't have missed Internationals for the world.