Amanda's Party

I was hurrying through the halls with a big box (there's a cake in it) when I spotted Amanda. I almost jumped out of my skin! 

"Hayley! Oh my god, how is everyone?" She gasped, excited beyond belief. I have only one option.

DIP!

Quickly spinning on my heel, I briskly hurried away, leaving Amanda confused. Using my foot to open the door to Studio A, I set the cake down and quickly undid the ribbon, showing the words 'WELCOME BACK, AMANDA!'. Hurrying back, we all huddled for when Amanda came in with the costumes, so we all yelled, "SURPRISE!" while West took the costumes off her. 

"First up, we have Luke from the music room!" Kate announced, Luke walking onto the stage. Luke... he's really nice. I may have a bit of a crush on him too. He asked me to the dance, and I was really happy because we're really good friends, we write songs a lot and we're the lead vocalists in the band, and we gel really well. 

"Would you call me crazy

But I don't make eyes of you

Caught in a moment

If you had to feel it too

The knowledge's not lost,

And nothing is broken,

My heart is embossed,

The first word you spoke to me,

And I can't say I'm not,

Falling in love with you..." He was staring at me the whole time, and I can't help but think he was singing... to me. Then I looked at Noah, who was staring at Abi. 

"Don't worry about Noah." Ella whispered from next to me. 

"To heck with Noah! You have an incredible musician after you." Riley continued, grinning. They're right. I need to move on. 

"May I have this dance?" Luke was standing in front of me, holding his hand out. Riley winked at Ella as I took his hand and we proceeded onto the dance floor, dancing until I was approached by Abi.

"Hey Abi. What's up?" I asked softly while Luke got us drinks. 

"Noah keeps on running away from me. He came up to me earlier and said 'Mayonnaise has it!'. What does that even mean?" I pinched the bridge between my eyebrows and grinned.

"That's Noah for may I have this dance. He's nervous around girls he likes." I chuckled, gesturing towards the latter, who was staring at Abi but looked away before she could notice. But she did. 

"Thanks Hayley." Luke returned with drinks and gave me one, letting us sit down to enjoy the party.

"I can't believe you're going to Internationals." He started, his fingers touching mine. I slowly entwined my fingers with his, grinning and blushing, Luke reciprocating shyly.

"I'm going to be back in a week and a half, you're going to be fine." I giggled, squeezing his palm. 

"May I again have this dance?" He asked, and I let him guide me onto the dance floor.

"Hayley, I wanted to ask you this for so long. Will you... be my girlfriend?" 

Should I?

Then thoughts of Noah and Abi floated into my mind.

Noah moved on, I should too. Leaning forward, I pecked him on the lips and whispered,

"I'd love to."