Chapter 73 ~ Soulmates

Start from the beginning

"Guys, I really appreciate it. And everything else you've done for me but I really need to study. My scholarship is riding on this and I'm just being Debbie downer at the moment, I'll spoil your fun. You guys need to go out tho, have a break from babysitting my ass. I'll be fine I promise, please go out. Do something fun." They exchange not so subtle glances, pity dripping off them. I could feel the anger bubbling under my skin, I don't deserve their pity for what I did to him.

"We're just worried Atty. You're... well you're..."

"A shell. You've become a shell again babe." Vixxie drops next to me pulling me to her side, her jasmine scent engulfing me. "And we hate seeing you like this. We want out Atty back. I think... I think Blaze is the same and you both miss each other and we all miss you two being you and the dynamic is just... yano. We just want to see you out and about." I squeeze her hands ignoring the churning in my stomach, the guilt that oils my skin.

"I know, I really am sorry and I appreciate you guys being such good friends." I've already burdened you enough, "But I really am fine I just need time and space. You guys go out. Please just have some fun! I've got so much studying to keep up on anyway." Lies. I can't concentrate at all. They look unconvinced so much so I get up to pull them each off the floor. "Go! Please! Don't stay cooped up with me."

"Are you one hundred per cent sure?" Emily fixes me a serious look.

"Yes, I'll be even more upset if you don't go out!" I cross my arms and walk them silently to the threshold of the door frame just as the doorbell goes. We all stare at each other blankly.

"Did you order something?" I question, Carries numerous parcels are always being delivered. New designer here, more designer there. Her wardrobe is overflowing, literally, pieces of clothing are crawling out.

"No, it's probably just my mom, forgot her keys or something. I'll get it." She shrugs starting her descent down the wide marble staircase. The others grabbed their bags and jackets following behind. I trail behind them, barefoot, arms wrapped tight around my middle on top of my pale pink wrap cardigan. As we reach the bottom of the stairs a familiar voice warms my heart as Carrie lets him through the door, hair nearly brushing the frame of the double doors.

"Thank god, I feel bad leaving her here, she says she's fine but I know you'll put a smile on her face," Carrie whisper hisses as he steps into the foyer, my feet hit the marble floor and he turns to me.

"Hey Big A." Brady smiles warmly dropping his bag on the floor.

"Hey, doofus." I smile back watching slightly as the girls edge toward the door. Brady's been checking up on me every day, visiting or texting me.

"Now you have a babysitter I feel better leaving your ass." Vixie winks ushering the other girls towards the car.

"It's all good, daddy B is here to save the day. Have fun." VJ rolls her eyes before the door slams shut.

"Don't... just don't..." I laugh.

"Blaze said the same thing but I told him it's a hit with the girls." I tense at the name, the brief amusement dripping from my face. "Hey." He pulls me into his chest, the familiar smell of aftershave and Jolly Ranchers falling from his red hoodie, his arms wrap around me and I relax into him, "How are you, honey?"

"I'm okay." I breathe still clutching onto him in the middle of the foyer.

"Liar. But that's okay. That's why your bestie is here." Chuckling I pull back to look at his gleeful face, "Now I've seen that gorgeous smile... let me raid the fridge." Shaking my head he stalks off to the kitchen.

After Brady grabs his body weight in food from the double door fridge and extensive pantry we settle down on Carrie's couch, the fluff covered L shaped piece of furniture that takes pride of place in the open living room.