CHAPTER-17

RECAP- Nandini gets to know that Manik knew about Nethra's problem and she is shocked.

Flashback.

Last week.

Manik meant the Fab 5, of course, along with Navya to sign their deal with MH music labels. Cabir knew Manik but he did not disclose it to the others. They were waiting in the waiting room and Manik was about to reach the door and open it, but he stopped when Cabir asked Maddy about how his mother is planning to take away the baby. Maddy replied telling him that he has nothing to do with that and was not interested as well. Manik frowned about who Cabir was talking to. But soon that went away when Cabir mentioned Nandini's name.

He concluded that this was the lead singer Madhyam Singhania none other than Nandini's ex-husband. If he is the ex-husband. Then the girl next to him is the girl he cheated on with.

Well, he connected the dots entered the room, and closed the deal. When they were about to leave. Manik stopped Cabir to talk, fab 5 gave a look at each other.

Before they could ask anything Nisha came in and showed them out. When Manik inquired about what was happening, Cabir told him about how Maddy's mother is trying to take the baby away from her, and Harshad trying everything he could though they are a well-known fashion house in the town, Singhania's are way more powerful.

Manik didn't want to use this against her, but he didn't have a choice. He has seen Mahir, the changes she brought in him, the good, the bad, everything changed in just two months thinking about the influence she can give Mahir even though being just a friend is amazing and he didn't want to lose his son again.

So until the end, he did not reveal he knew her problem, but he thought he will use it when needed after thanking cabir he called in Nisha and asked the same thing. Though she did not give out everything that was happening?

Manik nodded and called his lawyer to ask his opinion about the matter.

Flashback ends.

Nandini was taken aback hearing him.

Manik continued, " If you want to keep your child you cannot fight them alone you know how influential they are?"

Nandini could not argue back with him. But anger was clearly visible on her face, "I will leave the city. No one will be able to find me" Manik smiled, "I know they won't but Do you really want to give up everything and leave" Nandini was strong on her point and said, "yes."

Manik calmed himself down and in a soft voice told her. "I really want to marry you not because Mahir asked but because I really like you as a person and as a friend. I saw the changes you brought in him, you brought in me, and I really loved your company. I have never had a friend other than Aryaman. I'm not doing this as a favor by marrying you. I genuinely want to become the father of your kid. I genuinely want you to share a motherly bond with Mahir. Think about it. Let me know."

Hearing to his and Nandini's eyes were literally filled again. And Manik did not convince her more took Mahir with him and left.

While they were leaving, Mahir asked, "Did she agree or not?"

Manik smiled and told him, "let's hope for the best."

Nandini was lost. She didn't know what to do, what to think, or how to know whether she is doing right or wrong. She wanted to talk to her parents, but because she married Madhayam against them she didn't know if they are actually willing to talk to her or Not.

So she called up her brother Harshad and asked him to come over. Harshad soon reached.

Seeing her all broken and lost in the living room Harshad rushed towards her, taking her in his arms,  as soon as he took her, Nandini burst into tears again.

After crying for some time, she calms down and told him whatever happened and what Manik told her.

Harshad calmly listened to her, not interrupting and told. "I really like Manik. He is a Down to earth person who talks to everybody nicely, and moreover. I feel he's genuine."

And he also reminded Nandini that "Singhania's are powerful. If someone is going to fight against them, it's the Malhotra. So, listen to what your heart sees, I think instead of thinking it has a marriage think this has something you and Manik doing it for your child respectively.

Nandini nodded her head as if understanding it.

It took literally two weeks for Nandini to decide what to do. Nethra did not stop her threats so, she confronted Maddy, but he was so careless and he didn't even answer her properly. So she concluded that whatever his mother is doing is of her own will and not Maddy's or Navya's interruption.

But the decision will change their life altogether. She decided to visit Malhotra's Office rather than the house because she thought it would be better to talk about it in the office and not in the house because of Swati.

Prior to visiting the office. She asked Nisha whether Manik was busy that day and when she got a negative reply, she went in. Manik was reading a file when Nandini knocked on the door.

Giving permission to the person Manik did not lift his head, "who's there?" Manik asked

Nandini just stood there, not telling anything and Manik finally lifted his head and he was completely surprised and shocked to see Nandini. He got up from his seat to greet her but Nandini was a little tensed and nervous. Manik gestured her to the seating area, she settled down.

Manik asked, "do you want to drink something?"

Nandini nodded her head in No.

Manik continued. "I did not expect you here. I'm really surprised."

Nandini took a deep breath and came to the point, "I thought a lot about what to do, no matter how much I think, for me to marry you is more on my selfish side rather than yours. I want to save my baby from this thing and I want to have a father figure for my baby. It is too much for me to handle. All you wanted was a motherly figure and Mahir, He doesn't even need a mother right now. I already made a mistake in marrying the wrong person. I don't want to regret my decision."

Manik was confused.

But then realized that she was scared manik continued. "Even I am divorced. In fact, I had a very bad marriage. Let's not put too many expectations at the same time, let's not overthink stuff."

Nandini nodded her head and kept quiet Manik was waiting for her answer and asked, "are you willing to marry me or not?"

Nandini gave him a look and told him, "how are we going to get married?

Manik gave her a look, "how do you want to get married?"

Finally, the marriage topic is heading somewhere.

How is this chapter?

What do you guys expect from their married life?

Few words for Nandini and Manik, I think they deserve it.