Chapter 5 ~★©

He's so sweet!

He came my home and asked mom if he could take me out since its winter holiday and she said yes! He took me his home to meet his mom, I thought she's nice but I guess I'm bad at reading people, I think she doesn't like me a little tiny bit..

"So dear, what does your father work at?" Mrs Richmond asked placing the tea on the table infront of me.

"I don't know, I've never seen him." I said taking the tea in both of my hands.

"You never met him?"

"No Mrs, I know nothing of him." I said shaking my head.

"What does your mom work at then?"

"She's an ex actress, retired."

"No wonder she doesn't know who's the father."

I looked at her shocked and hurt, then looked at Pete.

"Mom!" He yelled between gritted teeth.

"What? I was just stating facts, look at her, she's got a stone heart just like her mother, she couldn't feel hurt!"

"No sHE DOES NOT!" Pete yelled.

They continued yelling at each other and I took a deep breath.

"Your husband cheated on you madam?" I asked genuinely sweetly smiling.

She looked at me shocked her face turning into a red tomato but doesn't say anything.

I continued. "Well, just because there are a few assholes around you - of course no offence - doesn't mean that everybody is, you're angry I get it, but beating the shit out of everyone isn't the best idea I could think of, especially when its your son's girlfriend you're facing, honestly if I wasn't so in love with him I would have already broke up with him and he's going to be so sad and it's all going to be your fault, your husband cheated on you, no one cares, it happens all the time, you're not the center of the universe, so get over it already."

Everyone stayed shut staring at me, Pete trying so hard not to laugh, his mother shocked by my reply.

"What? I was just stating facts, look at her, she's got a stone heart just like her genuine self, she couldn't feel hurt." I said looking at Pete.

Pete chuckled but stopped when he saw his mother's angry face and tried hiding his chuckle with a cough.

I sipped from the tea. "I really don't know if what you said about my mother is true, but if it is, then I think she's only trying to protect me from doing her mistake - I mean, since I have her hot looks and attractive attitude. Also, your son is so lucky that he has such an amazing girlfriend." I said finishing the rest of the tea and putting the empty glass down. "Well, it was nice meeting you Mrs Richmond, good luck in you relationship, but I have to go." I said getting up and and walking as fast as I can out of that house cursing under my breath.

"Noam!" Pete yelled after me. "Hold up babe!"

I didn't and continued walking faster this time, I'm not crying for her, she's not worth it!

Pete held my arm tight and won't let go.

"Let go, Pete." I said in a faint voice. "You have to let go."

He shook his head. "I'm so sorry about my mom, she's never been like that before."

"Its okay, I'm fine, I just want to go home and think of why the alphabets are sorted out in an alphabetical order." I said trying to pull my arm away.

He tightened his grip on my arm and I whimpered "I'm sorry I ruined your day." He said putting his forehead to mine smiling. YES SMILING GODDAMN!
"But you know what, you were amazing, no one has ever talked to her like that." He laughed releasing my arm.