Chapter 2

Warning: This story may not suit some readers as it contains gore, depression, NSFW, suicidal thoughts, mature scenes, death, manipulation, etc. Please proceed with caution and respect me, the author, and other readers.

Within this story, I have changed significant things to see a more appropriate fit for the characters. The characters are adults!

🤍You can't control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out.🤍

"Here's your gift!" You grabbed the heavy beverage and handed it to the older man with pursed lips. The said man looked away from you quickly and held it carefully, placing it onto his lap before pulling it slowly, separating it away from the brown paper bag. You swore that you could've seen bright diamonds in his pupils—all of this from admiration of the disgusting acid-tasting beverage.

"Holy moly, girl," he said with a bright smile, analyzing the expensive drink in his hand. His large handgrip the top of the glass as he pulled it away from himself to get a better view of it. "So you have been thinking about your old man after all!"

You rolled your eyes at his comment and walked away from the older man going to the fridge to grab yourself something to drink. "Oh, please. You're acting like I'm a deadbeat granddaughter, grandpa. I've done many things for you and have brought you a lot of gifts in the past!" You knew that he was joking, but he could've pulled a better one instead of this one which was nowhere near the truth.

The said older adult ignored your complaints and stared at the drink in awe with his head slightly tilted back, holding it towards the light with half-lidded eyes. "Don Julio Blanco," he rasped with his lips tucked behind his teeth and slightly open mouth. "Isn't this a beauty," he laughed loudly before looking at you. "Tonight we celebrate!" He exclaimed as he danced fruitlessly in his wheelchair.

You shook your head no and looked at him directly, disinterested. "No. I just got here." You still had to unpack your clothes, wash them, put away your necessities, and wanted to catch some rest. "How about we do it tomorrow once you get your little robot. So they can clean up the place instead of me?"

The man pursed his lips and nodded his head repeatedly while sucking his teeth. "Alright, that sounds like a deal," he said, stuffing it back into his bag and placing it down on the table.

"I wonder what made you want an AI, though. It's so... random."

It would be so strange to live with one inside of your home. Standing by, watching, and observing you like some freak made your skin crawl. Where would it stay? Would it sleep inside of your home? Will it have its bed? Do they even sleep? Who knew what the tin can could be capable of.

"It's not like you're living alone. You have me!"

The man nodded and hummed to himself quietly. "Yeah. That is true," he started, "but when you are away, and I don't have someone in the house to help out! Have you thought of that?"

You remained quiet as you thought about it. It's true. You're getting older, and sometimes, every once and a while, you go out, and you travel to other places. You couldn't imagine how lonely he felt being stuck inside the large house by himself. He's disabled and needs assistance. The things that he already has can only do so much.

The last time he hired someone to take care of him, they attempted to steal. Because of this, he has trust issues regarding someone being inside of his home.

"By the way, where did you get this beauty?" Your grandfather asked, popping open the top of his bottle and pouring himself a glass, only a little.

"From the liquor store. Where else?" you said, simply resting your back against the counter and staring at the half-filled glass with ice cubes and the alcohol. "You know, the traditional one in the city."