Chapter 1

Warning: This story may not suit some readers as it contains gore, depression, NSFW, suicidal thoughts, mature scenes, death, manipulation, etc. Please proceed with caution and respect me, the author, and other readers.

Within this story, I have changed significant things to see a more appropriate fit for the characters. The characters are adults!

🤍Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.🤍

The year 2038

A world filled with humans and other living and non-living things covering the earth's land gradually evolve daily. Time has matured, and something has changed beneath the glowing ball of glass that centers our solar system, including the mutation of bodies sculpting into what is today—leaders, proponents, the robust control, the weak-minded, the commons, and sheep.

A world that's presented and made for all has been controlled and colonized by those who have conquered the beautiful soils of nature.

Peace, chaos, devastation, and then renewal.

You can't help but notice how much things have changed since you were a child. You've experienced nostalgia and miss the way things used to be compared to today's period. What was previously unnoticed has now become apparent. Artificial intelligence has progressed from low-quality technologies to the present.

You can't help but wonder, now that purchasing such pricey and advanced equipment is becoming more regular. Your question is, what's going to happen next?

As your legs took you along the familiar path through the well-known metropolis of Detroit, Michigan, you observed cars, buses, and various other vehicles pass by. When it comes to artificial intelligence development across the United States, Detroit's significant location has been the blueprint.

The skies were dominated by large structures, while electronics and humanity crowded below. Scientists and engineers have made the impossible possible thanks to advances in technology. There were already jets soaring through the skies that weighed almost 80,000 kg. They were now working on building cars that could float above the ground. Something that would have astounded and amazed previous generations has become a reality.

You didn't like the direction things were going. You were already worried that as the months went by, the people you associated with would become less social. The attention of everyone was drawn to their cellar gadgets. Concerned about what was in style, what foods celebrities ate regularly, or the million-dollar clothing they put their infants in that they later outgrew. Technology has controlled many people's lives, whether they'd like to admit it. Many people would trade their identity for their electronics just for convenience.

Many people have lost touch with reality, and it's truly saddening.

Everything was so noisy, and there was never a moment of peace. Triangular androids floated above your heads as they zoomed through the air, designed for a law system to watch what was going on within the city.

Pollution polluted the air, coming out from the large silver pipes from buildings that weren't too far, and crowded traffic. Sickening.

Unlike many others, you were a part of the few who aren't very fond of the idea that technology is taking over.

You kept walking quietly and calmly, opting to stroll through the meadow, which had some foliage. You could hear the giggling of children swinging on the swing set and climbing on the jungle gym. They were either accompanied by their parents or by AIs who looked at them with human-like expressions. It became increasingly difficult to distinguish you from the metallic figures.