Chapter 5 - Anniversary

It's been 3 years since they started dating. Seokmin stopped by the flower shop and bought a bouquet of white roses. The male smiled softly and walked to their shared apartment. Roses are everywhere. A banner with "Happy 3rd Anniversary." was hung beautifully. Yes Seokmin was excited. He's going to pick up Jisoo from his workplace at 5 pm and they were going to celebrate their anniversary together.

Seokmin spent the whole day decorating the house and now it's 4:40 pm. "I have to pick Jisoo up now." He smiled before grabbing his car key and skipping towards his car. The male hummed softly to his favorite song and only God knows how happy he was at that moment.

Jisoo waited patiently for Seokmin in front of his company. Finally, he saw a familiar white car stopping in front of him and Jisoo happily entered the car. "Baby! I missed you so much." He pouted and hugged Seokmin tightly. "I missed you too my love. Let's go home and celebrate our special day~" With that being said, Seokmin started driving home.

On their way home, they talked about how their days went and Jisoo was the most excited one. It was because he got the best worker award and he'll get a promotion soon. While Jisoo talked about his day, Seokmin stole glances and smiled softly. Nothing better than this. Jisoo's soothing voice and their hands intertwined. Seokmin was lost in his thought while looking at Jisoo. That was his biggest mistake. He didn't notice a car from the opposite lane was moving toward them.

A loud crash can be heard by everyone around. Jisoo's soothing voice was changed to a painful cry. That was the only thing Seokmin heard before he closed his eyes.

Seokmin opened his eyes, the bright lights made him shut his eyes back. "Seokmin!" It's not Jisoo's voice but Jeonghan, Jisoo's colleague. His head hurt very much and Jeonghan had left to call the doctor. The doctor checked his condition and assured Jeonghan that Seokmin was okay.

"Jeonghan-ssi, what happened? Where's Jisoo? Why am I here?" Seokmin asked with his hoarse voice, ignoring his painful throat. He just needed to know where's Jisoo.

Jeonghan was taken aback by the question and took a deep breath, holding Seokmin's hand tightly. "Jisoo isn't here with us anymore Seokmin. The doctor couldn't save him. He left us." Jeonghan was trying very hard to hold his tears but he failed after seeing Seokmin burst into tears, screaming his lungs out, calling for Jisoo. "No Jisoo! Jisoo where are you?!" Seokmin asked, trying to deny the reality.

"Seokmin, listen to me." Jeonghan cupped his face and made him look at the older. "Jisoo's funeral is today and he's still there if you want to see him for the last time."

With that being said, Seokmin got up from his bed. Ignoring the pain on his feet he walked to the floor where the funeral was held. He saw Jisoo's parents, crying loudly. The male limped toward the coffin and there he was. Jisoo laying inside the coffin. He was still pretty to Seokmin except for the fact that he won't open his eyes anymore and his face was pale. Seokmin reached for his hand. Cold. No warmth, no Seokmin's favorite scent.

Seokmin dropped to the floor and cried. He didn't care about everyone around him and just cried. Still hoping that Jisoo will open his eyes and Seokmin could stare into his beautiful eyes again. "Jisoo-ya, wake up my love. There are a lot of beautiful white flowers here. Take a look at them, please." Seokmin took one of the white roses and placed it on Jisoo's hand. "Be happy up there. We ran out of time in this life. Remember me, remember my scent and look for me in our next life." Seokmin whispered before placing a soft kiss on Jisoo's forehead for the last time.

A heart that once beat lively because of Lee Seokmin, stopped beating.