Two Twins, Or Not Two Twins? That Is The Question

Moonrise! What's up, everyone? Hope you're doing well. This chapter took like a week. So here's drama. Tw: Remus, mention of gore, suggestive statements, crying, implied PTS, trauma, past character death, just- Remus, I don't know who else to explain that. I'll be honest, just a lot of things Remus says and I can't remember them all. So please beware.

Remus popped up in his brother's room one morning. He wasn't just in the room, anywhere in the environment or castle. He was suddenly in Roman's sleeping chamber, standing in the fireplace. You read that right. He was standing in it like some demented Santa Clause.

Roman heard a cackle and jumped up from where he was brushing his hair in his mirror. He had a whole vanity set up with fairy lights and three mirrors. There were polaroid pictures and sticky notes on the sides. Next to him were a couple of drawers for makeup and other beauty products, one open with a set of brushes and dry shampoos now on display. The prince summoned his sword and held it up. "Get out fiend!! Oh. Remus, it's you. What do you want?"

"I wanna get juicy gossip," Remus responded, slipping out of the fireplace and getting ash and soot over the pink rug. He looked around the room. White marble walls and floor, as usual. He had a new pink rug that covered about a fourth of the room in the center. It had the shape and design of a rose, predictable. His tall-ass four-poster bed was there, silky curtains draping down gracefully. He had a ton of pillows all neatly organized. The blankets were so smooth he probably had just made it. There was a huge wardrobe on one side of the bed, with fairy paintings all over it. "Your room is still so lame! You need a spiky couch."

Roman stowed his sword in his gem and glared. "Remus! Either get out or get rid of that mess!" Remus pouted but did as told, waving a hand to make the black substance blow into the fireplace where it belonged. "Now what are you doing here?"

Remus walked over to Roman's bed, picking his teeth with his nail. "My intrusive thoughts were driving me crazy. You know it's big when it disturbs me."

Roman sighed tensely. "If you want sympathy, whatever, but you're not telling me about it. Not graphically. Not again."

Remus plopped himself on the bed, messing up the smoothed comforter and making his twin's eye twitch. "Oh, but brother dearest, you'll want to know every nit-ty grit-ty detail." He held his right arm in front of him and gazed over his forest green gem, the star on the back of his hand. It matched Roman's in all but color. "This isn't about goring centaurs or otter mating habits. This is about, well, us. Before."

Roman stiffened. He looked around to make sure nobody was there, and none of his pixies would be there. He ran to shut this huge door and looked back at Remus. "What about it?"

"Jeez, Roro," Remus said, sitting up more and looking at his brother. "You treat it like the Korean War. Relax. We can talk about it. I haven't slept in days because of it. It's in my brain like an earwig and I need to pull it out and dissect it."

Roman gagged at the analogy and thought. "We don't talk about it on my side. If King gets brought up, everyone goes quiet. We either leave the room or change the topic. I haven't even asked about it since- Gosh. Since high school."

"Then we need to go get the scoop! Come on. Let's dissect this earwig and find out literally anything! It's our past. Don't we have a right to know? What went so wrong that Janus gets all teary whenever I bring it up?" Remus said out loud, the last part more in general than to Roman.

Roman sighed and sat next to Remus' head. "How do you propose we, ugh, 'dissect this earwig?'"

The duke sat up so he was eye-to-eye with Roman. "It's simple. We ask."