Sailing Onward

Captain Jay Walker stood on the bow of his sea ship, The Destiny's Bounty. The smell of the salty sea hit his nose as the ship hit waves. The spray of the water was impossible to miss as it fell towards the deck.

The sun was just above the horizon, signaling a new day. The water glistened, reflecting into his left eye, as his right was covered with an eyepatch. Jay took a deep breath, taking in the smell. "You smell that men? That's the smell of a new day, and more adventures!"

His men were often up bright and early, eager themselves for a new day. All of his crew were volunteers looking for adventure to spice up their lives. They were all allowed to leave at any time.

Jay turned and walked down the deck and up to the helm of the ship. Holding the wheel was his best friend Zane Julien. "Good morning Zane! Lovely day right?"

Zane turned and smiled. "It sure is. You seem to be in a good mood. Something going on?"

Jay put his hands on his hips, looking forward at the hard working crew. "No. Just a very positive day." He turned and walked over to the map table. "Are we on course for Jalunai Village?"

Zane nodded. "If we continue with this good of weather, we should make it within another day."

Jay smiled. "We're making good time! We're almost out of supplies, and we need another mission. As we're also short on money."

"I'm sure we will find another sponsor soon Jay. Your skills are known well enough." Zane encouraged. His eyes stayed on the sea. Though they were on the open ocean, Zane always insisted that he treat it like a carrage. Keeping his attention on the water in front of the boat.

"We should be fine on what we have for now as long as we don't get ambushed by any rivals or hostile ships." Jay thought.

"Cap'n!" A female voice called out. Looking down at the deck, he saw his first aid crew member looking up at him. She had brown hair and hazel eyes. She was skinny, wearing usually flannel, shorts, and mud boots.

"Yes Dani?" Jay answered, giving her his full attention.

"We need more first aid supplies. Pain killers and slings and disinfectant. Stuff like that. Along with sea sickness medication and stuff for illness. When will our next stop be?" Dani asked.

"Well our destination is about another day's trip away, but there should be a other port around here that we can stop on." Jay called.

"That would be nice. Just whenever works." Dani said.

Jay nodded. "I'll let you know when we land and make a stop."

Dani smiled and walked back into the ship. Jay turned to Zane. "Alright. Let's drop anchor at the nearest village."

Zane looked over the map. "That would be Somai. It'll be perhaps an hour before we get there."

Jay grinned. "I love Somai! Very fun place! I shall make plans for when we stop. Don't wear yourself by steering." He said, as he walked down the stairs.

"I shall be alright. Go get planning." Zane insisted.

Jay smiled once more before continuing inside.

*     *     *

The Destiny's Bounty rolled over another wave as they neared the village of Somai. The man in the crows nest, calling out the sight of land.

Jay emerged from the cabin, looking at the horizon. "Let's dock up, and go get some supplies." He called to Zane.

"Aye aye Captain!" Zane responded. He directed the ship to the dock of the city. Ever so carefully they made it, dropping anchor and putting down the ramp.