Was it her undying love for the Prince that banished all the sorrows that lingered in her system? Did she yearned for him that much to the extent of immediately getting over the fact that she was lied upon? All these thoughts are clearly irrelevant as her presence is still to be expected at the venue of the event and so as she finished her retouch, she immediately scurried her way towards the door of her room.

As she unbolted it and made her way out of her room, she saw him leaning on the wall right in front of her. She fixated her gaze towards his alluring eyes that glistened with hope. Those hopeful eyes she weakly succumb into as she gets lost in it like it was a hedge maze. However as she regained her composure, she looked away and blinked abruptly as she shook her head and faced her room to head back in, but not before he had grabbed her wrist gently and as a result caused her to face his direction hesitantly. The contact felt blissfully electric, needless to say she missed the feeling of his hands on her skin so much.

"W-what do you think are you doing?" She asked stutteringly.

"Please, talk to me. I've missed you just as much as you have yearned for me." Kai pleaded, desperation lacing his tone.

"Then why didn't you look for me? Why didn't you bother to atleast let me know that you are there somewhere alive and breathing? You could've sent letters to let me know of your whereabouts but you didn't!" She snapped.

"I was afraid that pursuing my love for you would mean endless hardships for the both of us. I currently don't have anything under my name and is serving as Prince Ben's personal assistant just to make ends meet. I don't want to make rash and impulsive decisions. You atleast deserve the best life you can have with me." Kai explained.

"What do you take me for? You know all too well that I certainly am not the type to chase materialistic things." Catherine exasperatingly queried.

"I know, but your family. They would certainly ask for a dowry if I am to marry you. And it wouldn't just be a normal dowry as they are well-aware of your standings as the most sought-after Princess to marry. My competition is more intense than ever and I don't want your family to be disappointed in me and especially you." Kai further expounded.

"You didn't even think of what I would feel." At this point, Catherine is in the verge of breaking down as tears brimmed her eyes and Kai took notice of that as he cupped her face and wiped the tears that made its way down her soft cheeks.

"I deeply apologize. None could ever justify the rubbish decisions I've made in the past and I am terribly sorry for that. Can you grant me one last chance to make it up for you? I promise not to hurt you ever again. We will figure this out one way or another."

Catherine's whimpers then turned into sobs as tears cascaded out of her eyes, rendering the effort she put into retouching her makeup to be futile. Kai stepped closer and engulfed her in a warm hug as her face rested on the crook of his neck, muffling the noise she made as he pats her back repeatedly.

"I will not hurt you again. Hush now my Hussey."

Prince Steve and Princess Julia found themselves lying down the soft mattress of her bed at her room. They excused themselves that they were tired and tipsy over the liquors they drank at the soirée earlier and so it all led to the cuddling session both of them were indulging in right now.

"Would you believe it?"

"Believe of what?"

"As we lay here, time is drawing us closer to our coronation. By then, we shall inherit the throne along with the responsibilities that comes with it."

"Is it not of your liking?"

"No it's not that. It's just that I don't trust myself with governing a whole country. The fate of thousands of people lies upon the decisions and steps I make into tackling certain problems concerning our citizens and the overall well-being of Azalea."