Chapter 33: Coruscant

Start from the beginning

Bly was next to Aayla the entire time in the water. The group was swimming and playing in the lake for over two hours when they decided to go back to the hotel and eat dinner.

"I'm proud of you." Bly said, squeezing Aayla's hand, which was in his own.

In response, Aayla laughed. "Thanks, I guess."

"Why 'I guess?'" Bly asked.

"Because I'm a ex-Jedi who's afraid of lakes."

"Due to a traumatizing event. That's fair." Bly explained.

"Touché." Aayla agreed.

.oOo.

The next day, the group decided to go shopping in Coruscant's largest mall. It took up fifty-four levels of Coruscant, and contained over sixty-thousand stores. The mall had sections of stores from different planets, so that all the Rylothian stores were next to each other, and all of the Nubian stores were near each other. All of them had a great deal of savings that they had saved so they could get things they needed that weren't sold on Sicemon. The group decided to split into two groups, and meet up together for lunch at the enormous food court on level twenty-seven. Aayla and Faylin went to the top of the mall, while Sid, Reno, and Bly went to the bottom floor of the mall. Both groups had a list of what they needed to get for home.

Aayla and Faylin started in the Pantoran section of the mall, walking past countless stores before deciding to go into one. The store was full of dresses that Faylin loved, since it reminded her of her mother. The girls wandered the store for twenty minutes when Faylin gasped.

"Aayla! Look!"

Aayla appeared from behind a dress rack nearby. "Yeah?"

"It's so pretty!"

Aayla gaped in awe at the dress. "What is it?"

"It's a traditional Pantoran wedding gown. At least in the style, the fabric and color are different. But it's gorgeous!" Faylin explained. After a small sign, Faylin put it back on the rack. "I can't get it, though. I have no need for it."

Aayla smirked. "You might need it eventually. With a certain someone who we happen to know."

"Aayla!" Faylin's eyes went wide, and her blue skin turned darker in embarrassment from Aayla's words.

"Just sayin." Aayla shrugged. "I mean, where are you going to find that on Sicemon?"

"Fair point." Faylin grabbed the dress again and stared at it. The slender bodice would fit her perfectly. She loved how the lace sleeves flared past the elbows. The maroon fabric with golden embroidery would most definitely compliment her skin tone nicely. "Maybe I could-" She looked at the price tag. "Hmm."

"How much?" Aayla asked.

"A reasonable amount actually."

"So..." Aayla questioned.

"Let's go." Faylin picked up the dress and headed to the register.

Aayla gave an excited smile and followed Faylin.
"We should fine one for you." Faylin said as they walked out of the store. "You're the one who's in an actual relationship."

"That's a good idea. I won't need it soon, though. And Bly would definitely see it in my closet. Maybe I shouldn't then."

"You can store it at my house until you need it."

"If I need it." Aayla corrected.

"Oh come on. Twenty credits you two will be married within two years." Faylin said confidently.

Aayla laughed. "That's a long time."

"Gives me a little wiggle room." Faylin shrugged.

"Deal."

"Then let's go to Ryloth." Faylin smiled as they walked through the Pantoran area. She suddenly stopped in front of another store. "We need to go in here!" Faylin smiled and dragged Aayla's hand.

"Why are we in here?"

"Mantell Mix."

"Oohhhhh." Aayla decided to be childish and tease Faylin. "Someone has a crush." She said in a singsong voice.

"Shut it. Reno likes Mantell Mix and I'm a good friend." Faylin put extra emphasis on the word 'friend'.

"Oh I bet you are." Aayla smirked and continued her teasing.

Faylin slapped Aayla's arm as she paid for the bag of Mantell Mix.

"Jerk." Aayla said while laughing.

.oOo.

A whole area of the mall was for clones. It had been built after the war ended, as a commemoration of their loss and hardship. Reno, Sid, and Bly walked into the armor store, which had replacements for armor, paint for armor, and armor polisher. Without buying anything, they went into the next store.

After leaving the clone store area, they wandered around, occasionally popping into some stores.
Sid bought some new scrubs for work in the hospital, and Reno bought some civvies, since he didn't have many.

The boys walked past a store with semi-fancy clothes and decided to go in after much persuasion from Sid.

"You never know when we have to wear a suit for something fancy in town. Like a wedding." Sid said as he led Reno and Bly to the suits.

"Fine." Reno grumbled.

The boys walked out of the store with a new suit each, accompanied with some nice shoes.

.oOo.

Faylin and Aayla walked into the Rylothian area of the mall. Aayla bought some blankets, sheets, and window curtains for home at the home goods store. Even though she didn't grow up on Ryloth, her few visits were some of the best memories she had. She loved the Twi'lek culture, food, and clothing.

The girls went into a clothes store, and Aayla picked up multiple outfits. When they reached the back of the store, they got to the fancier clothes, including dresses. Faylin got excited immediately.

"Time to get you a dress!" She wiggled her eyebrows and held up her down dress, which was in a bag.

Faylin and Aayla spent fifteen minutes looking before Aayla found a dress she loved. She quickly paid and left the store.