~ Twenty-Three ~

Depuis le début

"Only for last year, because of how undisciplined the students were a year before that. But it's back now so there you have it," she paused. "Let's stop talking about the dance. It's next Friday anyway… you were about to tell me something before?"

"Oh, yeah." he grinned at her. "I finally decided to join the photography club."

She widened her eyes in surprise and placed a hand on his arm. "Photography! Who knew you'd be into that?"

He laughed and she followed before he gave a simple shrug. "I found it really interesting. And my family were happy when they found out I finally had something I'm interested in."

"I'm happy and proud of you too, Ashton," she assured genuinely and he smiled at her.

"That means so much to me… like, that just made my day," he stated. "And as much as I want to talk with you, I think it's best I head to class now since students are piling in. See you later in the library?"

She nodded. "Of course, I'll see you, Ashton. Study well!"

With a wave, they departed from each other, both feeling as if they wanted to stay by the other's side and not leave.

"Okay, I need your help!" Piper barged into Delancey's room on Thursday evening, her arms carrying two dresses.

Of all the female students in the whole academy, only Piper Lawrence dared to barge into Delancey's room unannounced. Delancey was on her bed, trying to take a nap, when Piper had come into her room and she sat up from her lying position and yawned.

"I know you wanna take a nap but my issue is currently more important than your sleep so will you please help?" she paused. "I sound selfish but whatever because you need to help me, Dee. It's urgent!"

Delancey laughed and she nodded, gesturing with her hands for Piper to come inside and lay the dresses down on the bed. Piper did as she was told and they both stared down at the two fabrics for a moment. The two dresses were both about knee-length, one was a peach-coloured dress with a layer of tulle to the skirt part and off-shoulders sleeves while the other was a chiffon blush pink with elbow-length sleeves and a flowy skirt.

"Where do you even find these dresses?" Delancey asked, both of the dresses seemed so finely made that she thought they must have been pricely.

"I borrowed them from Hailey," Piper replied simply. Hailey is her brother's girlfriend, who had been with her brother for almost three years and who also happened to come from a rich family. "I didn't have time to find a new dress unless if I decided to wear my old dress which would be two times too small for me."

Delancey nodded in understanding, no wonder the dresses looked expensive. She picked up the blush-coloured dress and observed it for a while then presented it to Piper. "This one will look so beautiful on you. The peach one will make you look pretty pale so I'd say you go for this one… plus, it would match your blushing face when you see Julian later on," she teased.