~ Seventeen ~

Delancey sat patiently in the library that Saturday afternoon, glancing at the clock every now and then and waiting for Roxy Zachary to make her arrival

Delancey sat patiently in the library that Saturday afternoon, glancing at the clock every now and then and waiting for Roxy Zachary to make her arrival. It was already 2:15 pm and there was still no sight of the short-haired girl. Piper had gone to her date at one and so she was pretty much all alone for the day.

The sound of footsteps approaching her made her look up, thinking it was finally Roxy, but it was only Ashton.

"I thought you would be here because I searched around the place and you were nowhere to be found." he said, pulling out a chair before taking a seat across from her. "What have you been up to?"

Delancey shrugged. "I'm supposed to be helping Roxy with something… she seems like she really wanted to change."

Ashton looked thoughtful for a while as he processed this information. She had told him about Roxy the next day after the girl made her confession and although he was a bit skeptical at first, she assured him that the girl really was looking forward to changing and she could see she was genuine. He relented finally, but still insisted on keeping an eye on her in case she was acting suspicious but Roxy had seemed to prove herself that she was not acting or showing actions to harm Delancey so he had slowly grown relaxed at the idea of the girl possibly wanting to change. Roxy had even gone as far as to apologizing to both him and Delancey and buying them coffee.

"If she ever did anything suspicious. Tell me, okay?" he told her and she shook her head but gave a small laugh, which made him smile.

"Fine, I will."

He stood up from the chair then. "Also, will you be free after this?"

She shrugged. "Well, Piper is out on her date with Julian so yes… I'm free all day."

"Same here," he paused, seeming to be thinking again before looking back at her. "Do you wanna grab lunch together later on? I mean, we still haven't celebrated Piper's and Skinny's budding romance... so what do you say?"

Now it was her turn to look thoughtful as Ashton waited for her answer, but then she slowly nodded.

"Where do you have in mind?" she asked.

He smiled at this. "The mall we both went to that day with our parents?"

"Town Mall? Okay, sounds fine to me," she agreed and he gave her a wave before walking away just as Roxy finally appeared.

She gave Ashton a nod, who nodded right back and headed for the exit. Then, she finally took the seat where Ashton had earlier sat on. In her hands were two cups of smoothies and she reached out her right hand to Delancey.

"I'm so sorry I'm late… I went and grabbed us smoothies so here, it's my treat again. I hope you don't mind strawberry vanilla," she said, which made Delancey surprised at the treat and slowly reached up to take the cup from her hand.

"I—thank you. Are you sure?"

Roxy nodded. "As sure as daylight. I wouldn't even be able to finish both of them if I could."