~ Six ~

Delancey waited patiently in the library for Ashton Sawyer after school as she went through a list of things he could do as a form of detention while sitting at one of the tables provided in the quite big library

No one was there, of course, as the students rarely visit the library unless they're the nerds or needed to catch up on last minute of homework.

Or in detention.

But that's what Delancey liked best. The lesser the people, the better, since she had been hanging out in the library by herself every single day. This place was her spot where she could think things through and clear her mind.

Delancey glanced at the clock on the wall in front of her and she sighed. It was already fifteen minutes since school ended and there was still no sign of the boy. 

Does he actually dare to disobey her?

Her thoughts went to the day when she sent him to the nurse, where he had asked her to call him by his first name.

Nobody has even the courage to go as far as that before and that was shocking to Delancey.

Not even the most known delinquent in the school had done that.

But she realized she actually didn't mind it… in fact, she felt glad.

She didn't thought being the head prefect could be this hard sometimes… of course she enjoyed it. But she didn't expect people to actually be scared of her. She just wanted to be respected, not feared.

Sometimes Delancey thought if she could ever be a normal student again and break a rule or two herself and no one would be watching and laughing at her because they won't even care about her.

But now, each step she took, all the friends she befriended… everybody in the school probably already knows.

The sound of rushing footsteps approached her and she looked up just in time to see the new boy coming to an abrupt halt beside her.

She cleared her throat, all her thoughts fading away and a scowl appeared on her face.

"You are late by twenty minutes." she reminded him after glancing at the clock again.

"Yeah, I know! I'm so sorry, Delancey, but I forgot to bring along your sweater so, uh, here?" he replied sheepishly and reached out the sweater she had let him borrow.

Delancey was silent as she took it from him and set it aside on the table beside her bag.

"So, uh, what's the detention?" Ashton asked warily, making her remembered that she hadn't exactly found something he could do.

But then she realized there were books left on the tables and some were not neatly arranged because of some students who were not responsible and like to do as they like.