Chapter 4: Starting Off

Start from the beginning

"Alright. You'll start your first day on Tuesday. Your shift starts at midnight and goes until six," Henry told me. "You'll be working in the room to the right of this one."

"Sounds great!"

"I'll get you your uniform and keys." Henry left the room to get my uniform for me. In only a minute, he returned with a uniform in his hand as well as a pair of keys. It looked just like my old one from when I worked at Circus Baby's, except it was gray.

"Thanks, Henry," I said with a smile. "I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome," he said with a sigh. "I can't believe I'm letting you do this."

"Well, it's really thoughtful of you to say yes," I said. "Anyway, I gotta head out. I'll hopefully see you on Tuesday!"

"You too. See you later."

11:30 PM. Thirty more minutes until my new job started. I won't deny that the closer it was to midnight, the more nervous I became. Y/n, on the other hand, seemed twice as worried as I was.

"I don't want you going, Michael," she argued as I finished getting ready. "I'm too nervous."

"There's no need to be worried," I assured her. "I'll be fine."

"Are you not even just a small bit worried?" she asked.

"Not at all," I lied. "Why would I be?"

"I don't know, maybe because the last time you got a job like this you died?"

"I already told you, this time things are different," I said. "Henry owns the place now. He's rebranded it so that it's a safe place now."

"Well, to be completely honest, I don't fully trust Fazbear Entertainment."

"There's no reason to not trust the company," I told her.

"We died because of Fazbear Entertainment. I do have reason not to trust the company," she protested, "I just don't want to lose you."

"You're not gonna lose me," I promised, brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

Suddenly I heard my phone go off. I took it out of my pocket to see that it was my alarm to go to work.

"Y/n, I should-"

"Yeah, I know. You gotta go."

She followed me to the front door. I turned to her one last time before leaving.

"Be safe, okay?"

"I will. I promise."

She gave me a hug, holding onto me like she never wanted to let go. I hugged her back before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you, y/n. I'll see you in the morning."

"Love you too..."

I left the house and got into my car. It was a bit strange leaving for work this late at night again. I couldn't help but wonder how long I'd be working here.

In all honesty, I was lying when I told y/n that I wasn't afraid. The truth is, I was pretty scared. After all, she was right; this company had a pretty sketchy reputation, especially for nightguards.
After driving for a little while, I showed up at the pizzeria. For some reason it felt a bit eerie being here at night. But that was probably just me. Right? Probably just bad memories.

I made my way inside and then headed towards the office on the right of Henry's, just like he told me. I walked in to find that unlike the rest of the restaurant, it wasn't very nice.