Hide and Seek

I glance at my watch: it's 8 o'clock. I sit down and think about what I should do.

I don't know who the cake is from, or how they got here.

The message is just; Chasm at 9? Its clear that whoever sent it wants me to meet them at the Chasm.

I think about the pros and cons of going.

On one hand, it could be from one of my friends. On the other, it could be a murderer, wanting to kill me.

I decide to go. If it is a murderer, I can run or push them over the edge of the Chasm.

I have an hour until I have to go. I find some leftover pasta in the fridge. I heat it up and eat it whilst watching TV.

I wash up the dish and go into the bathroom. I untie my hair and shake it loose, letting it fall over my shoulders.

I give it a quick brush and apply some lip gloss, the only thing I would let Christina get me, makeup- wise.

I check my watch; it's ten to nine. I'll just go early. I grab my purse and leave the apartment.

On the way, I begin to rethink the whole thing. What if Four sent it, as some sort of a trick?

I take a deep breath. It probably won't be him.

Ugh, I should've just locked my door, so no one could get in and put the cake in my fridge. I'm so stupid....

I reach the Chasm, and no one is there. I'm about five minutes early.

I run my hand along the smooth metal railing, deep in thought.

I think about the time just before initiation when Four took me here, to that secret cave and we...

My thoughts are interrupted by "Hey, Tris!" I turn around to see Uriah smiling at me. Of course....

"Hi." I say back. I should've known it was Uriah. He loves Dauntless cake, and has confessed his feelings for me already.

"So, did you get a cake too?" he asks. Cake? If he got one, that means he never could've sent mine...

"Uh, yeah, I got one. It was Dauntless cake, wasn't it?" I say. He nods in reply.

"Do you rhink someone else is coming?" he asks me.
"Probably. But why wouldn't they just tell us?" I question.

"I don't know. Let's wait here until they come." he says.
"Okay." I say.

We wait in silence for a while, before things start to get awkward. I rack my brains, desperate to find something to talk about. Nothing comes to mind.

A few people pass us, but no one stays.

"I don't think anyone is coming. It's ten past nine." Uriah says finally.

"Why would they stand us up like that?" I ask.

"I have no idea. It's getting cold, do you want to come back to my place? I promise Zeke isn't there this time." Uriah says with a smile.

I have nothing better to do. "Okay then." I say. A wide grin spreads across Uriah's face. "Race you." he says, and sprints off.

I stand there, startled, before running to catch up with him. I run out of breath quickly and have to stop.

I get to Uriah's door, but I can't see him anywhere. I look around, but I still can't find him.

I feel arms round my waist and a whoosh of air. "Put me down!" I laugh.

Uriah ignores my protests and carries me into the apartment, and plonks me down on the couch.

I laugh until I'm breathless. I sit up on the couch, and see Uriah leaning over the back of it.

"Let's play hide and seek." He says. I smile at his childlikeness. "Ok." I say. It'll be fun.

He smiles at says: "You count first." I sigh and turn around.

1...2...3..4..5 I hear scuffling in the bedroom. I smile to myself
"Eight, nine, ten, coming! Ready or not!"
I dash to the bedroom. I whip open the closet, nothing. Under the bed, nothing.

I'm about to leave when I hear a muffled laugh coming from the laundry basket.

I prise off the lid and Uriah leaps up. I scream in surprise and fall on my butt. I blush red and giggle.

Uriah helps me up. "You hide now." He says eagerly, then runs away to count. I take off my shoes and sneak into the kitchen soundlessly.

I check the cupboards, and find an empty one. I squeeze myself into it (barely) and close the cupboard door.

"Coming to find you!" I hear Uriah shout from the living room. I scrunch up tighter in the cupboard. There's not much room to breathe.

I hear Uriah scrabbling in all the different rooms. I hear cries of "Aha! Oh.." as he continues to search for me.

I hear him come into the kitchen, and I hold my breath. He's opening the cupboards...

I squeeze my eyes shut, bracing myself. Light hits me as Uriah opens my cupboard door.

He helps me out and we stay there in the kitchen.

"That's where you were! Man, you're great at this game!" Uriah says, grinning. I smile and look down at the floor.

Uriah doesn't move, and neither do I. I lock eyes with him.

He leans in, falters, then leans in again.
He slowly connects his lips with mine.
And I kiss him back.

I hear a squeal, and look at the window. There's a face staring back at me.

Christina.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed that. Comment what you thought of it.

(I need something to call you guys. Comment what I should call you, like snowflakes or cookies or something like that)

I forgot to add dedications in the last chapter, oops 😝. This chapter is dedicated to @Cake_lovinGirl for voting lots 😀

If you want a dedication, vote and comment regularly!

OMG WE ARE NEARLY AT 1K READS, WE ONLY NEED LESS THAN 100! PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! MY ACCOUNT IS wheresthedauntlesscake FEEL FREE TO TAG ME IN THINGS AND DM ME.

Remember to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading 😃