Realisation

Uriah begins to deepen the kiss, and I oblige. I wrap my arm around his neck. We don't stop until I have to breathe.

I break away slowly, and hold his face in my hands. We just stand there, breathing each other's air for a while.

I glance over at Four. His jaw is on the ground. He sees me watching and storms off. I turn back to Uriah.

I laugh a little, a light sound, half air and half noise. Uriah does the same.

Christina and Will are staring at us like we just grew extra heads or something.

"What? You guys do it all the time!" Uriah exclaims, finally breaking my gaze.

"Yeah.. b-but.." Christina stammers, speechless for once.

I let out a huge yawn. I'm so tired, not to mention emotionally drained. I struggle to stand up in these awful shoes.

Uriah lets me lean my head on his shoulder. "Bye guys." he says to Will and Christina, and he gently leads me out of the apartment.

My eyelids start to droop, so Uriah sighs and scoops me up, bridal style. He carries me next door, to my apartment.

He gently swings the door open and carries me in. He lays me down gently on the bed, and pulls a blanket over me.

He begins to back out of the door. "Goodnight Tris" he whispers. I would reply, but I'm far too deep in my haze.

The last thing I see before I drift off is the twinkle in Uriah's chocolate brown eyes.

I wake up with a pounding headache.

I don't know what it was, the party, the music, the drink or the events of last night that caused my head to ache in this way.

I slowly sit up. I am still fully clothed. My makeup is still on. I sigh and walk into the bathroom.

I look a mess. Puffy eyes, smudged makeup, and serious bedhead. This is going to take a while.

I go back to work tomorrow, so I have the day to myself. I clean the makeup from my face, and vigorously brush my hair.

Half an hour later, I am finally presentable. I'm wearing simple black leggings and a hoodie.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, and check my watch: 10:30 am. Wow, it's kinda late.

I walk over to Christina and Will's house. I knock on the door and am met by Will.

"Oh! Hey, Tris." he says, inviting me in. I walk into the apartment, and spot Christina, looking worse for wear.

She is sipping from a mug of coffee, and generally looking hungover. Will looks less so, but still worse than I was.

"Tris!" says Christina, noticing me. She runs up to me, still wielding her mug. She hugs me and says: "Great party last night, huh?"

"Pretty awesome." I say quietly back.

Will nudges me with his elbow. "So, you and Uriah, what's going on?"

I blush a deep red and am about to mumble a reply when Christina butts in.

"Oh my gosh, Tris it was magical! That slow song was playing, then you looked at him and then you kissed and oh, it was amazing."

I'm guessing my face's colour would now give a tomato a run for its money.

"Well, um.." I stutter, lost for words. I don't quite know how to describe last night, especially the end part.

It was a great kiss, but I don't want to go too fast. I'm still conscious of Four, and what he might do.

I really do like Uriah, and I want to be with him, but I don't know how it'll turn out.

"Just admit it, Tris. You like him." Christina says, leading me into the kitchen.

She hands me a mug of coffee and I sip it to stall time.

"Hey! That was supposed to be my mug!" Will exclaims.

"Get over it, you can make another one." Christina says, waving her hand at him.

They're the perfect couple really.

Christina's bounciness combined with Will's compassion makes them a perfect match for each other.

I try to picture what me and Uriah would look like together. My, I don't know, bravery? Combined with his humour and charm.

I try to picture us in my head. I imagine cute dates, cuddles and fun. The polar opposite of what I had with Four.

I put my mug down. I look at Christina.
"I've decided something."

She looks excited, like a child on their birthday. "Ooh, what?" she says eagerly.

I take a deep breath and say:

"I want to be with Uriah."

A/N
Hey guys! Did you enjoy this chapter? Comment to tell me. 😃 Sorry it was a bit short.

This chapter is dedicated to @fly_like_a_dancer for voting from the start.

There is going to be an OC in the next few chapters!
If you want it to be yours, comment below stuff like name, hair colour, eye colour, personality and stuff like that, and I'll pick the one I like best 😀

Remember to vote, comment and add to your reading lists!

Thanks for reading!😃