Apartments

I can feel at least six pairs of eyes burning into my back as I walk to the back of the room to discuss the cheating with Four.

He better have a good reason for sleeping with Lauren or he's a dead man.

I stop once we reach the end of the hall, ignoring the stares from Christina, Will, Uriah, Zeke and Shauna. I fold my arms.

"So? Start talking." I spit at him. He rubs the back of his neck, clearly nervous as hell. "Um, well..." He begins.

"Come on, I haven't got all day!" I exclaim. He looks startled and tries to say something.

I can see the cogs whirring in his cheating brain trying to come up with an excuse.

He must have come up with one because he looks very sure of himself now. I tap my foot against the stone floor impatiently.

"OK, so here it is. After two years, it got boring. I realised you weren't everything I ever wanted. I mean, you're not that pretty, you have no chest and you have a fear of intimacy!"

The anger builds up in me faster than it ever has before. A few hot tears slide down my face, but I don't acknowledge them.

I step closer to him. I have to hit him where it hurts. " It shouldn't matter to you if I'm not pretty or I'm flat chested. You were supposed to love me for who I am, not for my appearance. I thought you sleeping with Lauren was bad, but now you do this. Well, guess what? You've done it. You've become like him. You're just like Marcus"

I hiss the last part, emphasising my point. Then I do something I never thought I'd do. I kick Tobias Eaton in the balls.

"There, you can go back to your whore and tell her why your balls are broken." I say, cool as a cucumber. I turn round and sasswalk back to my table.

I hear Christina shout " YOU GO, GIRL!" and several people clapping. I don't bother to turn around. I'd only see an asshole.

Later that day, after I had been patted on the back about a billion times, me and Uriah got some cardboard boxes and went over to Four's apartment to collect my stuff.

On the way there, Uriah says: "Aren't you worried?"

I reply with "Not really. All we have to do is pack up some stuff and leave. If he says anything, just ignore him"

"Okay, whatever you say."

I unlock the door and creep in quietly. Four isn't in. Probably doing the frickle frackle with his slut.

I walk over to the wardrobe and start packing clothes. Uriah does the same, but on the other side of the wardrobe.

I fold the clothes neatly and box them, doing each box by item i.e. tops in one box and bottoms in another.

Once we're nearly done, I spot something on the vanity table. I pick it up. Its a small velvet box. I prise open the lid and inside is a necklace with 4+6=10 engraved on it.

I take the box to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet. That's better.
Once we're done packing, I leave a note on the kitchen counter saying 'Don't expect me to come back'

I drop the boxes off at Uriah's house, since I need to talk to Max about getting a new apartment.

I tap quietly on Max's office door.
"Come in!" I hear a gruff voice say from inside. I twist the doorknob and enter the office. I'm actually pretty scared about this.

"Ah, Tris, sit down. Why have you come here?" says Max, leaning back in his chair.

"I came here because I need a new apartment." I say shyly.

"Things didn't work out with Four? I heard you in the breakfast hall this morning. That was quite a powerful kick."

I stare at the floor and blush furiously. "Um, yeah. So, I need somewhere to live." I say, barely audible

"Ok. We have a few spare apartments.... Ah! Here we are, Apartment 4610, near the Chasm?"

No. That one is a huge no-no. The number, the location, everything about it would just remind me of Four.

"Um, have you got one maybe a bit closer to the Pit?" I ask.

"Oh, sure. Apartment 5193, near the Pit. Next to a Mr. Uriah Pedrad, I believe." Says Max, examining the key.

"Yes, that one's perfect." I say with a smile.
"Good, well, here are the keys, call me if there's anything wrong." says Max, and I go to greet my new neighbour.

I knock on Uriah's door. He answers it immediately. I poke my head round the doorframe, and say: "Guess who your new neighbour is!"

"Yes, Tris that's great! We're gonna have so many crazy parties! It's gonna be so awesome!" Says Uriah as he gives me a bear hug.

"Hey, guess what, we should have a game of Candor or Dauntless here tonight!" Uriah exclaims, bouncing up and down like an excited child.

Suddenly, I have the best idea of my eighteen-year lifespan. I can practically feel the dauntless twinkle in my eyes.

"We should invite Four and Lauren." I say deadly quietly.

Uriah winks at me and says:

"Lets do it."

Aren't you guys lucky ducks? Three chapters in one day! The next chapter is going to be Tris and Christina shopping!Remember to vote, comment and add to your libraries! 😃😃😃