"What the fuck do you need to apologise for?" I asked my husband as i stared incredulously at him. What did he do?

"-but i'm..." Alec carried on as he disregarded my question and looks. What- "-i'm sorry."

"Continue." Magnus sighed and i smirked. It was kind of funny, because i've never really heard Alec apologise. I mean, i think he's only apologised to me like once or twice. It is such a rare sight to see...that i was kind of enjoying this.

"I'm...really sorry."

"For?" Magnus further questioned as he continued doing the little magic trick yoga shit. I chuckled and let go of Alec's hand, who looked at me quickly. I shrugged with a smile on my face and walked towards my father-figure.

If i'm honest, although Raziel - bless ya soul, you old man - had begun to act like a father to me....Magnus always felt like my dad.

"Look, can you just cut that out for a second?" Alec asked frustratedly, and i giggled a little. Magnus looked at me and beamed, walking forwards and stroking my cheek.

"Hello, little strawberry." The look he gave me...was it sympathy? As though he knew i've found out something or...shut it, Verena. Don't overthink his fatherly-love for you.

"You were right." Alec started, and i watched as Mag walked away with a nod and towards his sleeve-less, zip-up hoodie. "When i called off my wedding and married Rena, that was for me." Alec took in a deep breath and i wondered on what he was gonna say next. "But it's all very....it's new."

"This may surprise you, but you're new for me, too." Magnus snapped and i frowned. What the fuck was going on? "Do you think i expected Rea to date someone? Let along marry? Now...you're my son in law!" I pursed my lips to try and stop the smile from spreading.

"Look, with Jace missing, it's just like..." Alec trailed off, trying to form words to apologise to Magnus for whatever he did. "The ground has shifted and i can't keep my balance without-" Alec cut himself off, staring at me. I gave him a small smile, showing i was there for him. "Just..." Magnus had gone to walk away from Alec, but my hubby was not having that. So, he gripped Mag's arm, forcing my father-figure to stay and listen. "I didn't mean to take it out on you." I chuckled and left my husband and father-figure. They had to sort it out without me there. They were family now.

"Verena?" I jumped in my skin and turned to the man i had seen in the chair earlier. I frowned as i stared at him.

"Tobias?"

~~

"All right, Alec, ready to track your parabatai?" Magnus asked as Alec ran his stele over the rune. I stood next to him, running my finger gently over his shoulder. He was gonna be okay. We'll find Jace, and i'll use my wings to get to him quickly. It'll be fine. Alec nodded from his position on the couch and i pursed my lips.

"Mag, can i quickly talk to you? It'll take a minute." I said, a thought just occuring to me. Magnus nodded and i kissed Alec's forehead, giving his hair a ruffle and then walked to my father-figure. "Listen...i don't know what's going to happen. I-i'm going to go to Jace after he's been found, okay? I just-"

"You need reassurance he'll be okay." Magnus finished and i nodded. Mag just smiled and moved a strand of my curly, strawberry blonde hair. "He'll be fine, my little strawberry." I smiled at Magnus appreciatively before moving back to Alec's side.