Chapter 9

Read in Dark mode for better experience.

The next morning came and Scaramouche was up with the sun, the T.V on but too low, for him to understand anything they were saying, not that he cared anyway. He glanced down the hallway we where you were sleeping, but just as he thought about getting up to see you, a rapid knock on the door was heard. Scaramouche glanced down the hall again before slowly rising to his feet, clutching his stomach as he slowly approached the door, only to wish he hadn't opened it. The person on the other side was wearing a black hoodie, and a mask over her mouth, but Scaramouche only needed one glance into the person's red eyes to know who it was. Scaramouche just barely dodged the person's sword as it was swung at him. The purple-haired male backed away as the masked person stepped inside, removing his mask and hood, revealing his platinum blonde hair with a single red streak.
"I'll ask you this one time," Kazuha said, voice deathly calm despite him glaring at the male with indescribable hatred. Kazuha pointed his sword at him. "Where is Y/n?"

Scaramouche stood there for a moment before smirking.
"You aren't going to use that," he said confidently, and Kazhua raised a brow.
"Oh? And why is that?"
"Because I'm one of Y/n's guests. She brought me here of her own free will," Scaramouche said almost proudly. "Attacking me would only upset her. And I'm sure you'd hate to do that."
"You're lying," Kazuha got into his fighting stance.
"And why would I do that," Scaramouche asked, crossing his arms over his chest and sighing, his whole demeanor showing that he was hardly afraid of Kazuha or his weapon. "If I had killed her or kidnapped her, I'd be rubbing it in your face by now." Kazuha knew that was correct, but that didn't make him falter nor lower his sword. "Y/n actually nursed me back to health after I was shot by the Shuumatsuban, so what do you think she'll if you actually manage to kill me?" He asked. "The man that she stupidly volunteered to nurse back to health, all of a sudden gone only leaving a trail of blood behind him." He jerked suddenly, and Kazuha's eyes widened when his bandages began to turn a deep red as his stitches tore. He merely laughed at the pain. "And in his place a traitorous fugitive with blood on his hands because I will put up a fight. If anything, it will make her run further away from you." Kazuha's eyes narrowed.
"You... You're playing her-"
"Of course I am," Scaramouche laughed. "It's all too easy to. She's naive enough to believe anything anyone says. Although, I'm sorry if you had already deemed her a replacement for that little friend of yours that the Shogun killed." Kazuha's eyes widened while Scaramouche burst out in laughter. "What a coincidence! The Shogun killed him, and now her descendant will be the one to kill Y/-"
In an instant, Kazuha was in front of him, and Scaramouche could only hold his arm up as the blonde swung his sword, creating a long cut along his forearm. Scaramouche backed away, just barley dodging thr swordsmans attacks while others made deep cuts along his body. Depsite the pain Scaramouche merely laughed with movement which only fueled Kazuha's anger.
"I will never let you hurt her," Kazuha growled. "I'll kill you-"

"Kazuha?" He looked up to see you standing at the other end of the hall, eyes wide and full of fear as you looked at him and the man below him.
"Y/n," he breathed, dropping his sword and rushing towards you. "Y/n, I'm so glad you're safe, he-" He reached out to you, only to stop when you backed away fearfully. Your eyes were on Scaramouche, filled with worry.

"No, Y/n," Kazuha grabbed your hand, and you flinched.
"He's manipulating you, he's lying to you, can't you see that? He'll hurt you!" He didn't even release his grip was tightening on you with every word.
"You're hurting me," you said, trying to pull away from him, but he kept you still.
"Y/n, listen to me-"
"Stop it Kazuha, that hurts!" You find pushed away from him and Kazuha watched in horror as you rushed over to Scaramouche, who had already fallen to his knees.
"Are you okay? I'm so sorry." Kazuha's heart sank to his stomach. This is exactly what wasn't supposed to happen. He was supposed to protect you. He was protecting you. Why couldn't you see that?
"Y/n-" Seeing him take a step forward, you quickly stood in front of Scaramouche protectively.