Chapter 3

Read in dark mode for better experience.

Ayato gazed down at your sleeping form, a small smile on his face as he held your hand in his, stroking the back of it absent-mindedly, the fact that he made you feel safe enough to fall asleep on him giving him a foreign giddy feeling. His entire body was tense, not moving an inch I'm hopes that you were as comfortable as possible.

"You seem to have taken a liking to her, my lord," Thoma whispered, somewhat in the same predicament as Ayaka had laid her head on his shoulder and fallen asleep. The housekeepers' words seemed to snap the head of the clan leader out of a trance as he looked up at him for a moment before nodding.

"I suppose I have," he replied thoughtfully before turning his attention back to you. "But I'd like to keep an eye on her — study her for a bit before I begin making serious plans." Rational. He had to think rationally and take things slow. Thoma raised a brow.

"Do you think Ms. Guuji would allow anything serious?" He queered, knowing how protective the pink-haired woman was of you. Ayato merely smirked as he brushed a strand of hair out of your face.
"Now, that will be one matter she and her friends won't have a say in."

Swish, swish, swish

Swish, swish, swish...

You groaned, a quiet and steady noise gradually pulling you out of your slumber. You blinked a few times as you sat up, rubbing your eyes and stretching before the realization finally set in. You looked around, surprised to find yourself back in your bedroom. You lowered your head, struggling for a moment to recall last night's events.

The Kamisato clan...Scaramouche...Ayato...

Swish...

The sound from down the hall caught your attention, making your brow furrow in confusion.

A broom?

You slowly climbed out of bed, making your way down the hall, and into the kitchen to find the blonde-haired guy that had come with Ayato to rescue you. 

What was his name?

"Thoma."

You hadn't realized you had said it out loud until the man turned around.

"You remembered," he said with a smile. "My lord wanted me to stay here and ensure you were okay. I did some cleaning in the meantime, though, hope you don't mind."
You looked around the kitchen, now noticing the counters had been wiped down, the dishes were washed and there was a pot of warm soup waiting on the stove.

"That's for you," he said, motioning to the soup. "It's late, so you should probably eat something." Your eyes widened, and your hand snapped to look up at the clock to see that it was ten minutes before your shift.

"Oh, crap!" You dashed out of the kitchen, ready to search through the pile of clothes you'd neglected to put away only to find that it wasn't there.

"All of your clothes are in your closet," Thoma said from behind you, but just as you moved to run in there, he spoke up again. 
"Ms. Guuji has already been notified of your situation. She said you should take some time off and come back when you're ready."

You let out a sigh at this, relaxing as Thoma prepared a bowl of soup for you and set it on the table.
"Eat," he said. "It's been a long day for you."

As you ate, you and Thoma talked about random things. He asked you simple things such as where you grew up, giving you tips on how to not end up in the same situation again, and advising you to lay low so since Scaramouche didn't know where you lived. Meanwhile, you asked him about his life while making sure to stay off the subject of the mafia.

Once you finished eating, Thoma put the bowl in the sink.

"So what happens now?" You asked and Thoma shrugged.
"Well, now that I know you're safe and unharmed, I'm free to leave." You smiled at him, although you were disappointed to hear that he was leaving.
"Thank you, Thoma, for your help." You stood up to fetch your purse, only to groan when you realized you lost it when you got kidnapped.
"Are you okay?" Thoma raised a brow.
"Yes," you sighed. "I was just looking for my purse. I wanted to pay you somehow but I lost it when I got kidnapped, but I promise I can get some more and-"
"It's fine," Thoma assured before you could begin to ramble.
"Your purse is back at the club, and you don't need to worry about paying me." Despite his assurance you still felt guilty for not being able to repay the man that had saved your life, cleaned your apartment and fed you. Just as he opened the door an idea suddenly came to you.
"How about we go out tomorrow? Do you like bubble tea?" You offered. "My treat."

The male's eyes lit up at the sound of the restaurant, and he quickly nodded.
"Sure!" he said. "I'll see you tomorrow then." 

"Good evening, my lord," Thoma greeted as he got into the Limousine that had been parked outside of your apartment

"How is she?" Ayato asked, gaze pointed at the street across from them where a woman was being attacked by a group of men. One grabbed her purse and searched through it for any valuables while the other two dragged her into the alley beside them, one covering her mouth while the other began to unzip her jeans.

"Safe and unharmed." Thoma confirmed, frowning as he followed his gaze. "But we don't know when that will last."
"Indeed," Ayato agreed. "Make sure she's under surveillance. I don't trust Scaramouche to leave her be, and besides that, anything else could happen." Thoma took out his phone.
"As you wish."