Chapter 7

Please read in dark mode for better experience.

<𝓑𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓮𝓪𝓻>

"How many are there?"

Beidou and Itto stood back to back, blocking and deflecting bullets with their claymores while looking for an opening to get away.
"I'm not sure," Itto replied. "But did you hear that gunshot from upstairs? Kazuha and Y/n might be in trouble."
"Kazuha be fine and he'll keep Y/n safe. We need to worry about getting through with these guys first."

Tears filled your eyes and streamed down your face, blurring your vision and mixing with the blood dripping out from the graze on the side of your cheek

Tears filled your eyes and streamed down your face, blurring your vision and mixing with the blood dripping out from the graze on the side of your cheek. Although you doubted you'd have been able to see what had occurred even if you could see clearly.
It seemed like in an instant, Kazuha had moved across the hall. The masked man got two shots before his hand was sliced clean off. His screams were quickly cut off by a choked gasp as Kazuha stabbed him through the chest, blood clogging his throat and spilling out of the airholes of his mask. Kazuha watched, unblinking even as blood splattered across his face.

You watched him sheath his sword before running over to you.
"Are you okay?" He asked, and you nodded, only for your blood to run cold when you saw another masked man behind him.
"Look out!" You screamed. Kazuha knew he'd have been able to dodge the bullet, but you couldn't. He pulled you closer, shielding you from the man and causing the bullet that would've hit you to his his leg.
"Kazuha!" You gasped, as the blonde grit his teeth, biting back a scream as he looked around trying to find a way out of this situation or at least a way to get you out of it.

"Kaedehara Kazuha."
You could hear the man's shotgun click as he reloaded it. "Surrender yourself and Y/n L/n at once, or we will use force."
Kazuha tried to reach for his sword only to cry out in pain as another bullet hitting him in the shoulder to prevent him from using his sword. You sat there, tears streaming down your face as you tried to free yourself from his grasp, which only made him tighten his hold around you despite the pain it now caused him.
"Please be still," he whispered, squeezing his eyes shut at the pain. "I don't want you to get hurt." You grit your teeth, a sense of helplessness beginning to wash over you until you noticed a flash of white from down the stairs. Without thinking, you screamed.
"Itto!" You shouted. "Itto, please help us!"

There was a moment of silence, followed by thundering footsteps coming up the stairs. A gust of wind brushed past you, and a shadow loomed over you. You looked up just in time to see Itto jumping over you, claymore raised over his head before bringing it down to slam it on the masked man. Blood poured from the holes on the mask as the impact of the heavily spiked claymore split his skull open. You would've thrown up at the sight if you weren't so worried about Kazuha.
"Itto!" You called, and the male turned to face you, eyes widening when he saw the blood on your hands and face.
"You...you're hurt," he muttered.
"I'm fine, but Kazuha, he's-" you stopped, seeing the male's fist clench, red eyes burning in rage, and pupils dilating until they were almost invisible.