Chapter 6

Read in dark mode for better experience. 

<𝓣𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮>

"I'm glad you're okay, dear."

You smiled at Ms. Guji as you set your purse in your locker.

Twenty minutes until you went on stage, and Miko decided to spend that time touching up your makeup.
"Yeah," you agreed, closing your eyes so she could apply the eyeshadow. "If it weren't for the Kamisato clan and the others, I wouldn't be here right now."
"Correct," Miko said with a frown, still bitter that she had to ask for their help in the first place, but as long as her prized pupil was safe, she guessed she could live with it.

"Done." You opened your eyes as Miko stood up, brushing your hair from your face before backing away.

You smiled, thanking her before the subject of the Kamisatos reminded you of a question you had been meaning to ask the woman. "Hey, Ms. Guuji," you said. "How do you know the Kamisato clan? Do you work for them?" The woman raised a brow before laughing softly.
"Dear, by now, you should know that I don't work for anyone but myself," she chuckled before her face suddenly hardened with seriousness. "But while we're on the subject, steer clear from those men. They'll only get you into trouble." You huffed.
"I'm not a child," you said as you walked up the stairs. "Now, go sit. I want you to be here for my first show back." Miko smiled as she let out a dramatic sigh.
"Fine, fine, I'm on my way." She watched as you walked up the stairs. You were right, you weren't a child. Besides, you weren't one to get into trouble, so there was no need to worry, right? Just as she was heading to one of the VIP seats, familiar white hair caught her attention, and the sight of a man sitting at the bar, eyes fixated on the stage, made all her worries arise all over again.

 Besides, you weren't one to get into trouble, so there was no need to worry, right? Just as she was heading to one of the VIP seats, familiar white hair caught her attention, and the sight of a man sitting at the bar, eyes fixated on the stage, m...

"Y/n!" You walked down the steps, eyes widening, seeing your friend, Katherine, rushing towards you. "You did so great tonight!" She squealed, grabbing your shoulder and shaking you back and forth.
"So, does that mean I don't do great any other night?" You joked as you hauled the bag of newly collected dollar bills to your locker.
"No, but this time you did so well that you got requested for a VIP session!" Your eyes widened at her words as the girl took the bag of money from you and pushed you towards the stairs to the upper floor.

"Wait, from who?" You asked, and she shrugged.
"I don't know, but he's a total hottie. Plus, he just blew a bunch of money on drinks alone, so he has to be loaded!" Katherine said. "Now, go on! Don't make him wait!" You sighed as she pushed you up the steps while you sprayed some more perfume and ensured your makeup was still intact.

You stopped at the room that's door was cracked, taking a few deep breaths to quell your nervousness. 
Your first VIP session, no big deal. Just stick to the rules, smile, and get those tips. You repeated these things in your mind as you opened the door, only for that former nervousness to be replaced with shock and confusion when your eyes landed on the male sitting on the couch.