Follow the path I walk on. I kept repeating to myself for reassurance.

I hear a door slide open,"What's that smell?" Zuko asked with a yawn, still covering his eyes from the bright sun as he walked over to Iroh.

"It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it," Iroh said stirring the pot.

I got down from my handstand walking over curiously, Zuko seemed, different.

"Actually, it smells delicious," Zuko smiled after leaning over to smell the pot. He picked up a bowl handing it to Iroh,  "I'd love a bowl, uncle,"

Iroh looked at me with a suspicious expression as I shrugged in amusement.

"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different somehow," Iroh said pouring the rice congee into the bowl.

"It's a new day, we've got a new apartment. New furniture, and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop," He passed by me with his free hand stroked my jawline,"Even an amazing girlfriend. Things are looking up, uncle," He said sitting down next to where I went to sit

I smiled as took a sip of the jook.

"Thank you," He said softly as I looked to him wondering why he was thanking me out of the blue.

"You said I might end up liking to smile," He locked his eyes with mine,"I can't stop smiling when I look at you,"

I laughed under my breath as Iroh passed me a bowl of jook.

"Well aren't you a sweet talker," I whispered into his ear.

"You two should go out before the the opening," Iroh said eating his portion,"It's a beautiful day today,"

"Are you sure Iroh?" I asked. The opening was only in a couple of hours.

"Yes, yes," Iroh said sitting down,"We've just moved and were about to open shop. It'll be good for you two to see the Upper Ring before we get too busy with work,"

I looked to Zuko wondering if we should. Zuko placed his hand on mine with a smile.

"Thank you uncle," He responded quickly getting up and leading me out the door.

The sun was bright, and the breeze was perfectly cool. It was an amazing day to go on a date.

"So," I said with a hum,"What are we going to do?"

Zuko squeezed my hand a little making me realize none of this was a dream.

"Anything," He replied as we continued to walk around.

We saw the large stores of the Upper Ring, everything was a lot more sophisticated in comparison to the Outer Ring. I joked that this was something we weren't used to after a couple months of sleeping on dirt and rock. Zuko didn't care, he looked free. I wondered if what Akira said about me being a comfortable person was actually true. Zuko's arm wrapped around my shoulders as we continued our stroll. The smell of fresh flowers filled my senses and the sun lightly kissed enough warmth on my skin. It was peaceful.

I started to hear music faintly, I turned around looking for where it came from. I pulled Zuko's arm in the direction of the music stopping to see a small group of performers on a corner of the street between a large book store and a jewelers. We watched as the masked man and woman danced around each other, while the two others sang a song. It was beautiful, I looked to Zuko who smiled at me as he pinched my cheeks. A habit he picked up ever since we started dating.

"What?" I asked as he just watched me, cheeks still in his hand.

"Want something to drink?" He asked sweetly.

I thought about it for a second before nodding my head. Zuko leaned in to kiss me before heading off to buy the beverage,"Stay here. I know you wouldn't want to miss the show,"

I watched him go to the store next to the jewelers. I hummed as the show continued, nodding my head to the catchy upbeat music that played. I turned to see from the corner of my eye a girl exit the book store. A man bumped into her making her drop her things. A loud tsk came from her as she quickly tried picking up her things and left. A book she had still remained on the floor. I walked over to pick it up.

Hopelessly in love

A paper fell out from the book, which I also picked up. It was a flyer for the Jasmine Dragon's grand opening. I quickly got up and followed to here the girl had walked off to.

"Excuse me," I called out but she wouldn't turn around.

I tried running closer to her,"Hello?"

She still wouldn't turn, she probably doesn't know I'm trying to talk to her. I followed her for a bit, at this point I just wanted to turn back now. Zuko was probably waiting for me where he left me.

Ugh.

"Cute girl with the long black hair and two buns," I called out.

She finally stopped walking. I sighed in relief as I approached her with the book.

"You dropped this," I said, holding her things out to her.

"Um thanks," She replied with a sharp look,"You followed me for that?"

"I mean yea," I shrugged, I didn't know why I did it just seemed like something I should do,"By the way, stop by the Jasmine Dragon some time. I work here," I said with a small smile.

"Uh sure," The girl said slightly softening her sharp expression before leaving quickly.

I hummed at that weird encounter before running back to where I left Zuko. He was looking everywhere for me.

"Lee!" I called out to Zuko who snapped his head as soon as I called him.

"Where were you?!" Zuko said scoldingly to me.

"Calm down," I smiled as I quickly went over to him,"Someone dropped their book and I went to give it back,"

Zuko grumbled as I crossed my arms with a judging look.

"Your really going to be angry at me for that?" I asked.

"What if something happened to you?" Zuko grumbled again.

"Well I can take care of myself," I said looking at him.

He sighed,"Whatever,"

"Whatever?" I repeated.

"Just close your eyes," Zuko said, I gave him a look but closed my eyes anyways.

I felt him reach out for my hand. Zuko's warm fingers lightly touched my wrist as a cold sensation also wrapped around. I took a deep breath trying to not be as excited as I was.

"Okay," Zuko said,"Open them,"

I opened my eyes slowly to see a silver bracelet with two fishes and a white jade circle between the two. I observed it, tracing the fish with my finger. It was beautiful, and it reminded me of the ocean.

"Do you like it?" Zuko said unsure at my quietness, unable to read my face.

I looked up to him, he looked nervous to hear what I had to say,"I love it," I said with a smile then hugging him.

He hugged me back tightly as we walked to the new tea shop before it was too late.
——-
(A/N: This is the bracelet. Hope you like the mini date!)

 Hope you like the mini date!)