Ming rolled his eye, "yeah...," he says "well... I've got everything this year, I've got great friends, a loving family, a great roommate, my father finally believes in me to handle the company" he continues "I mean, it has been a blessed year for me."

"so you don't need your new year's eve kiss because this year has been blessed?" Phana make sure

"No...!" rejected Ming "I don't need my new year's kiss because next year it's gonna be a great year for me," he stated "and I am sure of it."

Phana just looks at Ming, he can't believe how Ming can be so on himself

"So...the big question is," Phana paused and Ming turned his head to face Phana, "is Mingkwan Daichapanya retired from being a womanizer?"

"Yap" Ming answers

"Oh, I am thankful on behalf of all women in this country," Phana says "but why tho?"

"Because I have found the perfect man for me." 

"What?" says Phana after he gasps "Why didn't you tell me?" he adds "Who is it?" he is still questioning Ming. 

"Well..." Ming answers in doubt

"well, what?" Phana still asks "is it one-sided?"

Ming can only be silent, he is afraid if Phana finds out the truth he will end the friendship.

"Seriously Ming, tell me," Phana insists "it must be one-sided."

Ming just silent

"Does he like you?" Ask Phana when he knows that Ming won't answer the question

"So far, no." says Ming

"Does he look like me?"

Ming nods and pretends to observe Phana's face when he knows what he meant is Phana  "pretty much."

"Oh gosh, Poor you," says Phana while tapping Ming's head "alright, okay," he continues "you can kiss me later, so you can confess to him next year."

"Really?" says Ming squirting his eyebrows

"Just once," says Phana convinced "so you will have great luck next year."

"Oh, I am pretty sure of it." Ming says with his snarky face

---

The moment before the day shifts, Ming and Phana were already at the front of the stage, holding each other hands while waiting for the year to change. The crowd was cheering excitedly to welcome the new year and also when all the line-up artists were coming from backstage and singing auld lang syne together, and when the time the song is finished, it was also the start of the countdown.

10

9

8

6

"It's beautiful fireworks, phi." says Ming whispered to Phana, talking about the countdown fireworks that shot from the marina, and Phana just smiled happily, satisfied with his work handling the sandcastle energy new years event

5

4

3

"Are you sure about the kiss, phi?" asked Ming nervously, Phana turned his face from looking from above to looking at Ming

2

1

"Just shut up and kiss me, Mingkwan" ordered Phana

With that, Ming closes his body to Phana's, and when their lips are sealed to each other, they just know something is different, something that is, it's not strange or awkward but fits more like a perfect match like they were meant to be each other. And when they kiss more, the more passionately, their body feels much more relaxed. With that, they know they feel the same way as the other romantic movies do when the main couples first encounter the feelings of the world belong to them.

And when Phana opens his eye, just to make sure it is real, he can see all people staring at him, especially Beam and Forth, and when he looks around. In the middle of all people that are staring at them in their reddish hue due to fireworks and rains of gold confetti paper, Phana can focus on one spot, that spot is where the person he has been waiting for 5 years is standing, taking photos of the event. The person he always waited on valentines night for the past 5 years in the same restaurant.

Phana loosens the kiss. 

And while Ming's and Phana's foreheads are joints, Ming looks at Phana with a big smile. At the same time, Phana still focuses on one point to ensure that figure was not just his imagination. 

"Is it that bad?" says Ming insecure

Phana just silence

"Hello?" Ming called Phana "Phi?" Ming called himself again, but this time it made Phana conscious

"Hati" says Phana, Ming is confused.

"What?" asked Ming, and before he got the answers, Phana walked away from Ming to the spot where he saw Hati before, he rushed and pushed everyone that came in his way like there was no tomorrow. 

"I'm sorry" says Phana to all the people he pushed before 

And when he arrives at the spot, he can clearly see his face tho he is backing Phana, this petite man with a camera in his eye taking photos of the event, Phana tapped his shoulder

"Hi," said Phana when Hati turned around "Hati, right?" phana asked, but the people in front of him were just confused "I'm the stranger from 5 years ago" he explained 

"Oh, Hey!" says Hati

"I'm Phana, Phana Kongthanin," says Phana with giving his hand to him

Hati reaches Phana's hand. "I'm Benjamine Wayo Villin"

---

Published

- July 2022