Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ujwal's diary

Flashback continued

When I went to meet my father, he told me that I had to move to my aunt's house for my high school. He informed me that he has already enrolled me into a school there. And that's how I was fated to Gorakhpur where my aunt stayed. I was told to move next morning so I started my packing.

Throughout the packing I was looking out for Lekha to tell her that I was departing, but to my dismay I never found her at all. I thought I will see her in the morning since she would come to see me off anyway. The morning came and I got ready with all my stuff, I met each and every member in my family and everyone gave their own advices. Not paying attention to their advices my eyes were looking out for Lekha. The departure time was nearing but still no hint of Lekha. Hence not able to control anymore I finally asked my sister in law where Lekha was. My sister in law was hesitant at first but told me that Lekha has gone out to do some chores. It would be an understatement if I would say I was heartbroken. I thought how Lekha could go outside when she knew I was going to Gorakhpur until my graduation.

Since she never cared to bid me a farewell I too thought I should not bother to look after her. I took my train to Gorakhpur and drifted in the thoughts where my life and fate has taken me. I reached Gorakhpur where I greeted my uncle, aunt and their children. They treated me well enough and I too helped them in fields and milking of their cow as I would do back at my home. I always believed that everything has a price to it since I am staying and eating here, I thought doing the household work would value it. I continued my studies. My uncle helped me since he was a government school teacher .so basically my life at Gorakhpur was peaceful and yes I missed my family and Lekha.

Thinking of Lekha I had send her so many letters but none of the letters were answered. I thought she would be angry and would have been throwing tantrums since I left without meeting her.so I never dwelt so much on it. But that was not the case.

One day I saw my uncle reading a letter which had an invitation card on it, seeing me approaching my uncle asked me to sit with him. When I sat with him he told me that he has received an invitation letter of Deepak's marriage. I was shocked hearing that because my brother's marriage and I had no idea. But the bigger shock was the bride's name.

The bride was Lekha. This broke everything in me. The love of my life was going to get married to my brother. So many thoughts came running in my mind. Was Lekha forced to marry Deepak? What were the circumstances that led Lekha to say yes for marriage when she knew I loved her? All these questions could be answered only by Lekha.

Then next thing I did was I caught a train to Varanasi in hopes of interrogating Lekha and stopping marriage. When I reached home my parents were shocked to see me. The realization hit me.

They send me to Gorakhpur so that they could marry Lekha to Deepak. They knew if I would have been there I would never have allowed this marriage.

I couldn't stop this marriage .my mom begged me to let this marriage happen .she took my promise that I will not do anything stupid .according to her this is the least that I could do for my disabled brother. I even told her that it would be injustice to lekha but she told me that lekha had given consent to this marriage wholeheartedly. This broke my heart.

AfterLekha's and Deepak's marriage I came back to Gorakhpur to resume my studies.my soul was broken. I swore in my life never to fall in love again.

After graduation I came back home. I often saw lekha and Deepak together .I was my sore spot but more than that I was fed up by nasty comments from by parents and elder brothers of being jobless .I was searching hard for a job even I had telegraphed my resume to some companies out of the state.

Recently we received an invitation of some marriage going on in a neighbouring village. Since I was the one free without any job I was assigned to go to the wedding. The invitation was from one of my sister-in-law's relatives. They were marrying their daughter whose name was Reena. I finally decided to attend the marriage thinking it would enlighten my mood and I would temporarily have a change of atmosphere. That's how I landed in that marriage which would be a turning point in my life.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note

What would you think will happen to Ujwal's life now?

The turning point which Ujwal thinks will it be for good or any other disaster for him. 

What do you think why did lekha agree to marry Deepak when she loved Ujwal?

Stay tuned to find out.

Vote now.