chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ujwal's diary

Chapter 1

Life in Uttar Pradesh is peacefull and full of mirth. Not only Uttar Pradesh is recognized by its vast size but also by its food plains which is called Ganga plains on the foothills of Ganga River. Well here I am doing my daily routine in my fields.

My daily routine starts with waking up early at 5 am. Going straight to fields to work , come back to home at 7am, get engaged in milking of cows .after milking I hurry up to take a bath and get ready to go to school, sometimes I have breakfast sometimes not. But I don't care because I know ours is a big family there are so many days when we have to starve so that our younger niece and nephews are fed.

This is the condition of my family. We are not the most poor in the town at least that's not people know. People think we are super rich since we have acres of land. But they don't realize that we are dependent on farms which makes us dependent on nature and climate, sometimes we have a good yield so that we can survive the whole year but there are times when the yield is not sufficient even for a month. That's how a farmer's life especially in India is.

We have to take a lot of loans from the money lenders just to buy quality seeds and fertilizers, manure and other irrigation related tools. Seeing our condition I have decided after my studies I would go outside of state to look for work, where I would be paid handsomely so that I could help my family. This would not only provide extra income to the family but also make them less dependent on farming. Well this plan of mine is secret, if my parents and especially my mother comes to know of it she will not allow me to go out. This plan I have only shared with Lekha. Well you must be wondering who Lekha is?

Let me tell you all Lekha was my father's friend's daughter. Her parents died when she was 10 so my father brought her to our house. My entire childhood is spend with her. I share all my plans with her because I think I can't have a future without her. Yes you are correct, I like her and vice-versa .we wish we could marry each other and stay together forever our life.

Pages skip

2 years later

Today is the most miserable day of life. I am witnessing love of my life marrying none other than my elder brother Deepak. I know I should be happy for him that he got a girl marrying him. In past we had so many matrimonial matches send for him but all were rejected for the fact that he is handicapped.

Flash back

Again my father and elders of the family returned home with rejected faces. Seeing their demeanour whole family understood that again the match was rejected. At the same time Lekha took a tray of water and passed to all the elders and my father. When one of my uncle saw Lekha he had a unique spark in his eye as though he had witnessed a solution to the problem he was facing.

He took my father to a corner and whispered something to his ears. My father had a shocked expression first but calmed down later. He called for my mother and told her something in her ear. Meanwhile I had an intuition something bad was going to happen. After sometime everything returned to normal ,all continued to do their work and I too resumed my work by going to fields after some time Lekha came following me and we spoke as usual about our future and I teased her to which she reacted by teasing me back.

After some time my elder sister –in-law came in searching for Lekha .she was not at all surprised seeing me and Lekha together by now all my family knew that something was going on between me and lekha. Coming back to my sister-in –laws visit in the farm, she told Lekha that my mother was asking for her. In my mind I had a danger signal that something was not right. At the same time sister in law informed me that my father was looking for me.

I and Lekha parted our ways she went to see my mother and I went to see my father. None of us knowing that we were also moving away from each other and nothing would stay as it was before between us.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author s note

What do you think will happen in Ujwal's and Lekha's life?

What is the sudden wind that will blow to change Ujwal's life forever?

Stay tuned to know of the twist in the plot.

Do vote.