Chapter 52 - Shadeon Breaks Ren

I could only watch as Shadeon walked through the palace corrupting it with every touch. The shadows that were in there tried to either run or put up a fight, only for them to be destroyed or tainted with shade energy. Those that didn't fight, swearing their loyalty to him were left alone and were guarding the place he set them.

"If you fail, you'll die either way." Shadeon said. "So, you better not fail me."

"Y-Yes master!" said the shadow.

Shadeon would also teleport to Mementos from the palace. I don't know what he was planning to do but the public would not open the door for him. He'd growl and break the wall. I think because of this action, the doors will become more and more fortified. Unfortunately, I can't even ask him anymore because Shadeon has blocked my voice from him.

"You know it was going to be hard to talk to Shadeon. The more desires he eats, the stronger he gets." Izunagi said.

"Yeah, I know. What can I even do?" I said.

"There isn't much you can do." Byaku said. "Only thing you can do is trust in your friends and confidants."

"I do trust them." I said. "But what can we do? Shadeon is looking to get to the depths of Mementos."

"Well right now, he can't. It's blocked, he needs the keys that will take his to the depths. But we don't know where they are." Izunagi said. "Please Ren, don't cry."

I touched my cheek. I didn't even realize that I was crying, I guess the stress of the situation I'm in is just now hitting me. I just want to be with my friends. I feel like I'm breaking.

"I don't know what to do, Izunagi." I said.

"Just keep faith in your friends." Byaku said. "They will come for you."

"Kaguya, do you think you can assure Ren that his friends are alright?" Izunagi asked.

"Indeed my dear Izunagi." she said. "The pendant around his neck will do. It has a connection to the safe location. They won't be able to see or hear him but he'll be able to see and hear them."

Kaguya lifted up my pendant and focused on it. I was suddenly in the Velvet Room. Ryuji, Ann, Makoto, Futaba, Haru, Yusuke, Morgana, Kasumi, Akechi... They were all there. I looked to see my other confidants. They were confused about where they were. There was a strange entity beside Igor and the twin wardens. Futaba was crying, she was worried about me. I got closer so I could hear what they were saying.

"R-Ren lost control of Shadeon! What can we do to get him free?" She said.

"Wait, Ren's in trouble?" Sojiro asked.

"What happened to him!?" Mishima asked clearly worried.

"Well, we might as well tell them." Makoto said.

"That would be wise." Igor said.

'He sounds different, is he the real Igor?' I thought.

"Makoto, just what is going on?" Sae asked with a serious expression.

"Sis, I need you to calm down." Makoto said. "First of all, we're the Phantom Thieves. Ren is the leader of our group. We really steal the hearts of criminals and those who ask us for help."

Morgana looked at them.

"This is true. Ren and Ryuji were the first two that got their Personas, the power of the heart." Morgana said. "By the way, I'm the cat that's been with Ren. I am Morgana."

"What!?" Sojiro said confused.

"Kinda had a feelin', that kid was different from others." Iwai said. "But now he needs help, that what you're sayin'?"