Chapter 51 - Darkness Revealed

Time is ticking down, in front of us is the one Okumura called Executive Director. Beside him, that robot version of Haru. Beside me, behind me, my friends were all unconscious. Only Futaba was still up and about.

"Guys! Please wake up!" Futaba yelled.

"It's your move you foolish Phantome Thief. I'll take pleasure in your defeat." Okumura said with laughter. "So go ahead, no matter what you do, I will win!"

I could feel it, an all-consuming rage coming from Shadeon himself. Seeing our friends all unconscious like this has taken its toll. It's hard to focus and it feels like I'm being suffocated by the rage. The two forms waited for an answer, I reached out and grabbed the hand of the insane one, he grinned darkly, and I knew I made a bad choice from that moment. Suddenly, I was being pulled away by the rage as Shadeon became darker.

"Shadeon no!" I yelled. "We need to save our friends! Don't let the rage win!" I yelled.

It was no use; my voice wasn't reaching Shadeon. No matter how much I yelled. I looked up seeing the blue butterfly.

"Trickster, do you need my help?"

"Yes, get my friends out of here. Tell them...I'll be waiting for them. I know they'll come to save me. I can't fight Shadeon alone." I said as tears fell.

"You are not alone." Izunagi said.

My persona's surrounded me as Kaguya cut the strands of rage trying to choke the life out of me.

"We will protect your heart from Shadeon and his rage. It's what Arsene wants too." Kaguya said.

"Trickster, please stay strong. We will save you." The butterfly said.

It vanished appearing to Futaba. All my friends glowed blue.

"Joker!" Futaba yelled reaching out for me.

She saw my tears falling as I was losing control of my actions.

"Just go! I'll wait for you to come for me!" I yelled as my tears fell. "Go now!"

She and everyone else disappeared, as I yelled out losing control of my body to Shadeon. I opened my eyes. There was darkness around me, only my personas were around me.

"We'll be safe here for now." Lilim stated.

"I'm sorry that we couldn't do more to help." Kaguya said. "But we can see what Shadeon is doing as he uses your body for his own."

"What's he planning?" I asked.

"Well, I learned more from another persona. But Shadeon wanted to rule the Realm or mind and matter. But he couldn't rule reality, but he could torment the human mind and heart. Now that he has a physical body, he can try to take over reality." Phoenix said.

"No..." I said. "Shadeon..."

We looked up as Shadeon took Okumura's treasure. Okumura looked terrified as Shadeon destroyed the treasure and reached into the shards forming a strange pink jewel.

"What's that?" I asked.

"That is the desire of the human." Izunagi.

Shadeon must've eaten the desire using my body because I felt a jolt and it hurt. Why is he doing this!? Okumura stopped moving and fell over since his desires were eaten. I could only watch as Shadeon left the palace as it crumbled into nothing.

"I bet you can hear me wherever you're hiding in there Ren." Shadeon said.

"Why!? Why Shadeon!?" I yelled tearing up.