Chapter 26

The previous update is a false chapter. Sorrry... I edited chapter 26 but somehow wattpad messed up the whole chapter -_-
This is your chapter :)

"What is it?" I ask.

We stop right in front of the building,not yet entering. Stephan stops me from entering and he says,"Elena was my lover before I got engaged to you,"

This news didn't really shock me. So I said,"I figured that." while staring blankly at him.

"I didn't end it,Alexa. She didn't know I was getting married. Hell,I didn't even predict I'd would be forced to marry you," he admitted. Well this shocked me.

His words hurt me. I mean,I am pretty sure its rational to be hurt after hearing your husband admit that he feels forced and burdened to marry you and had a lover before you. And that the lover hadn't known about your marriage and they haven't broken it up. No matter how I can't stand Stephan at times, I feel hurt by his words.

"Do what you will,Stephan. I don't care. If you wanna sleep around with her,go ahead. I'm just here for appearances," I reply,my tone is bland. I feel numb. Stephan hurt me plenty,I don't really care anymore if he does again. Because I expect him to.

Without waiting for Stephan to answer,I walked towards the Candi Borobudur. I feel Stephan's eyes on my back. He must be shocked at my reply.

"Alexa! I.. nevermind. Let's see the candi," he sighs and catches up to me.

Its quite crowded here. Lots of tourists too. I noticed there are carvings on the stone walls of the candi. "What are these carvings?" I ask.

"They are called reliefs. They tell a story or a description about their era. But I dunno how to decipher reliefs." Stephan says.

I frown,"Oh,that's too bad. If only these walls could speak. They would tell millions of stories," I say.

Stephan nods in agreement and holds my hand as we walk up to the top part of the candi to see the stupa. Stupas are bell-like stones at the top of the candi.

"How are you so calm about this?" Stephan asks me.

I stare amazedly at the stupas in front of me,loosing myself in the atmosphere of rich history and culture before replying, "Years of practice,".

I know my answer is vague. I just feel so hurt right now that my husband feels like my presence is a burden to him. Seperation would be better for the both of us but our families refuses to comply with our wishes. I feel so hurt that I feel numb,which is the worst kind of pain.

Yogyakarta is a beautiful place. Too bad when I got here,my memories to keep will be associated with bad ones like these.

"Where are we going next?" I ask.

"Another candi. But a hindu one. Candi Prambanan," Stephan says.

We head down the candi and James drove us off to Candi Prambanan. We rode in silence. Almost tense,Stephan decided to ask me,"What did you mean by years of practice?"

I smiled at him knowingly,"If you don't expect much,you won't be hurt when you are let down."

I expected Stephan to hurt me somehow. So when he actually did,it doesn't seem so bad though it is.

"Welcome to Candi Prambanan,Mr and Mrs Grant,"James breaks our silence.

"Thank you James," Stephan says as he gets out first to open my door.

Candi Prambanan is just as magnificent as Candi Borobudur. While Candi Borobudur is one big building of stone, Candi Prambanan is divided into five smaller buildings of stone. Each building holds one statue of a Hindu God.