𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

Rukmani

Kadavulae! (Oh god) he is singing the same line that I had sung back in the pond while bathing

Kadavulae! (Oh god) he is singing the same line that I had sung back in the pond while bathing. The change he made in the lyrics was prompting my stomach to flip in a weirdly blissful way.

I gasp as he finishes singing and rushes out of the house, too shy and embarrassed to face him.

"Why are you looking so nervous? Did that ayya scold you or what?" Yadhav inquires me in a concerning tone once I was out of the house, probably judging by my face that is casting evidence of anxiety.

"No... it's nothing, let's go.."I put my hand around his shoulder as I declare that. "Okay then!" he shrugs and we both initiate to waddle away.

As we carry onto wander towards our house, my mind, without an interval, keeps on reliving the moment when chinnaya sang those lyrics...

Even when we attain home and embarks to play vattu, I couldn't stop thinking about him. "Akka! It's no fun to play with you today. You seem lost" Yadhav complains as I fail for the hundredth time in stepping on the tile. I can't even pass the first round! Ahh!

This is all because of chinnaya!

I sit on the soil ground, exhausted by my notions about chinnaya. He is disturbing me more than he should...

"I'm going to play with my other friends. And I think you should take some rest Akka (elder sister)" He pinches my both cheeks with his hands and races off.

Meanwhile, I just hunch there in a daze until my mom calls me to have lunch. Oh god. What is wrong with me!! I had been reckoning of chinnaya all these hours!

Why is chinnaya fogging my head like this!?

Sighing, I stood up to probe for Yadhav. But luckily, he arrives just as I was about to look for him.

A while later, when we are done with lunch, Yadhav yet again goes to play with his friends in the village.

In the meantime, I pick up the steel water fetching jug and stride to the well, to get water.

Once I obtain there, I sigh in solace as there's none except me

Once I obtain there, I sigh in solace as there's none except me. Otherwise, it would have taken a decade before I can bring water to my dwelling!

Then I seize the hem of the dangling pleat of my saree and tug it in my waist skirt as I begin to replenish the jug with water.

When the jug got full, I snatch the rim of it and apply force to take it from the ground and spot it on my hip.

While sauntering back to my home, I recognize my dad and chinnaya on the way. My chest tightens as he stares at me intently, his eyes raking my frame from my feet to up to my face.

I clamp the jug on my hip in a rigid way and divert my attention to dad who smiles at me lovingly.

"Go home soon ma," he asserts and walks ahead of me as I stand still waiting for chinnaya also to get past me.

But...

Chinnaya pauses in front of me and gazes into my eyes with a smirk, then all of a sudden, his fingers twist the exposed skin on my waist, eliciting me to divide my lips in complete disbelief.

My heart literally forgot how to beat in rhythm due to his action!

..................

How was it guys?😘

I know it's somewhat boring😅but yah... things gonna get hot soon🙈♥️