Ch.12 | Resting via Training

The wind at the morning and brushing against Ieyasu's skin was cold, every time he took a breath in, it felt like winter itself invaded his throat and lungs, and every time he exhaled he felt like a volcano erupted, it was uncomfortable not to mention unhealthy for him to start running right after he was hospitalized. Usually, he'd take a short break to continue after a short second of rest however, the gunshots coming from behind him were good enough motivation for him to keep going. 

"C'mon Dame-Ie! Quicken your pace or something bad might happen!" Reborn's voice was monotone, but Ieyasu could feel the amusement in his voice. He would just keep running until his sadistic tutor was pleased. "Dame-Ie! If you don't run 10km in twenty-five minutes I'll hit you with a surprise!"

'Oi oi! The world record is 26 minutes and 24 seconds!' Ieyasu could feel the sheer amusement Reborn was getting out of this and decided to foil his plans. closed his eyes for a second and opened them, everything was clear, he could feel himself get stronger -- getting faster. He ran at a quicker pace the normal, but still something he could keep his stamina with.

o0o0o0o0

'I see, Hyper Dying will is on the highest energy point in the Dying Will Scale, with Dying Will being in one of the lowest. This is an in-between, it has half the raw energy value of Hyper Dying Will and has twice the energy value of Dying Will.' Reborn followed behind Ieyasu -- he grinned as Ieyasu's speed increased, 'You should've tried to go into your Dying Will Mode -- it may have a lower energy value, but it enhances overall physical performance. It doesn't have the flame on his head however -- interesting.'

Ieyasu turned sharply to his right and Reborn's eyes widened as he followed closely behind. Eventually they came across a busy street, Ieyasu dodged every walking pedestrian without touching them. 'I see, since this has a higher energy value than the regular dying will it manages to break some inner barriers and it enhances his Vongolan Intuition -- however, there's a lot of energy waste which he uses to break some external barriers, something which gains boons from both the Dying Will and Hyper Dying Will.'  Reborn dodged the pedestrians and followed Ieyasu -- his speed was quite impressive. 

'He is definitely faster than a regular 7-year old kid,' Reborn looked at his watch and rose an eyebrow, 'He might actually break the World record if he keeps this up,' Rebron grinned, 'Perfect. His stamina isn't bad -- for a seven year-old it's quite impressive.'

Reborn dashed toward the other side of the dirt road, quickly overtaking Ieyasu, standing on the finish line, he grabbed his chronometer and watched the seconds go by. He stared forwards and waited for his vict-- student. Minutes passed and he could finally see Ieyasu slowly making his way toward him. Ieyasu's face was pale, his legs were shaking, his arms hung and swung with every step. His breathing was ragged and his clothes soaked in sweat.  

"You're five minutes late," Reborn grinned, he was well aware of how he would punish his students. At the same time he wouldn't make too much of a hard punishment, afterall he was impressed by his new student's stamina and determination -- not to mention he had shown him something interesting.

"It's illogical to think a child can break the world record for a ten kilometer run. You wanted me to lose." Ieyasu's lack of emotion betrayed the glare he was giving Reborn, who smirked. 

"Run it again" Reborn grinned, 'A genius who might surpass all of the previous bosses, not to mention he managed to keep that form for over fifteen minutes,' Reborn lowered his fedora and grabbed his gun, pointing it at his student's head. "To do it, you first have to die. Get Dethsperate Dame-Ie."

Ieyasu looked like he was about to dodge his bullet -- but one does not simply dodge Renato Sinclair's shot. 

There was a bright shine of light coming from Ieyasu's body before his clothes ripped off, breaking apart from the sheer energy as he jumped from the ground. "RE-BO-RNNN!" Ieyasu sprinted away from Reborn. "I WILL RUN THE MARATHON WITH MY DYING WILL!!!"