0.10| 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬

8==<\/>==8
|                    |

We're greeted by practically everyone on the Resistance base when we land.

I do admit, it feels good to be home. But the reality of being in the middle of a war sets back in, and I feel the stress set in.

But with a fake smile, I greet everyone as we walk through the crowd, Poe's arm slung around my shoulders guiding us.

The crowd splits for us, patting our backs and welcoming us back as we walk by.

General Organa stands at the edge of the crowd, and we make our way through everyone and up to her.

After a good amount of missions together, Poe and I got comfortable with each other. We both learned things about the other that not many to no one else knew.

And with so much time together, he and I got close. Ever since then, we have always been around each other, somewhere doing something.

Being on so many missions, we were used to each other. We're always close to each other, and many of times have had to share beds while away on missions.

We put our trust in each other, and he's honestly the only person I let near me besides Ailyn.

It wasn't uncommon for us to be seen around base hanging onto each other in some way shape or form.

Poe's always been touchy-feely. He constantly would have to have some part of his arm or leg near or against mine. So I've gotten used to him, used to his touch.

Of course it raised suspicions of the people that Poe and I are dating, but we quickly shut thay down, though they're are still quite a few of people who don't believe us, but we don't dwell on it.

And when he was gone, I had no clue how much I'd miss that touch.

So when we reach General Organa and Poe unwraps his arms from around me and hangs them awkwardly at his sides, The cold sets in, even though it's hot on base. I felt cold and alone, and I miss his touch.

"General Organa." Poe says in greeting, somewhat awkwardly, like he doesn't know what to do or say.

Luckily Leia knows, and she steps up to him and pulls him into a hug, which he immediately returns.

The crowd that was once there had now dissipated, leaving just Poe, Leia and I in the area.

I awkwardly stand there as Leia hugs him, saying something into his ear as he nods.

I feel like I'm intruding, so I attempt to walk away to give then room to talk, but Poe somehow sees me walking away and catches my wrist, stopping me.

"No, you stay." Is all he says, and I just nod, not knowing what to say.

"Let's go to my office and talk, shall we?" Leia asks him and he nods, still holding I to my wrist.

"Commander Cardell, can you come check this over for me?" I hear Ailyn call out from across the tarmac, causing Poe and I pause in our steps and turn around.

I turn to look at him before replying to the mechanic. He looks conflicted, not sure if he wants to let me go or not. But he looks like he's leaning more towards not letting me go.

With a sigh, I step foward, raising the hand he doesn't have a hold of to his cheek and rubbing my thumb over his healing cut.

"You'll be fine, Poe, okay? Come get me when you're done, I'll meet you in my room." I instruct.

He reluctantly nods and slowly releases my wrist and pulls away, but not looking away from me or following General Organa.

"Go." I pointly say, motioning down the hall with my head.

Poe only takes one step forward, aligning his right side of his body to my left. He leans his face to my ear, and I can feel his warm breath on my neck.

"See ya later, pretty girl."

And with that, he walks off, leaving me confused, and slightly flustered. I have no clue about what the hell just happened, but what I do know is what Poe just said made the dormant butterflies in my stomach flutter awake.

Poe Dameron just called me pretty, and I liked it. A lot.

He walks away speadily to catch up with the General, leaving me flustered and not knowing how to feel about it, but luckily Ailyn calls me over again, so I brush the feelings aside and help her instead of dwell on what he just called me.

8==<\/>==8
|                    |

After helping Ailyn out with finding a certain file from an old mission Poe and I went on, I went back to my room.

I wasn't expecting Poe to already be done when I got back to my room, but when I opened my door, he was already laying down under the covers on my bed.

"Ah ah ah, you aren't sleeping yet." I say, walking over to him and yanking off the cover from his body, making him groan in frustration.

I lean over him, grabbing his wrists. "I let you fly as long as you go get checked up when we got back. And I know damn well you haven't done that yet." I tell him pulling him up as he continues to groan.

"But I'm tired." He replies, and though I can hear in his voice how actually tired he is, I know it's in his best interests to go see a medic.

"Get up, come on." I say, dragging out the words as stands up from me pulling him up.

"I'm telling ya, I'm fine, really. Aunt Mirah fixed me up nicely." He argues.

"That's good that she did." I say with a pause. "But you're still going."

"Ugh. Why must you do this to me?" Poe whines, acting like an overgrown baby who's not getting his way.

I stiffle a laugh at his antics, but still pull him by his arm out my door and towards the medical ward.

"Because, I'm your partner. And I got to look out for my partner. And my partner's injured. So my partner is going to see a doctor whether he wants to or not." I say simply as I continue to drag him through the hall, him begrudgingly following.

He over exaggerats a sigh, but slings his arm around me like he normally does.

"Fine. Only because one, I know I'm not getting out of this and two, you get to pay for drinks next time." He says with a grin.

It's my turn to groan now, and I throw my head back in exasperation.

"No fair, Dameron." I say with a sigh.

"Actually, I think it's completely fair." He tells me, planting a kiss to my temple as we continue walking to the med center.

" He tells me, planting a kiss to my temple as we continue walking to the med center

Did Poe just call our girl pretty? Yes, yes he did