Chapter 4: It Was Never Meant To Be

Magsimula sa umpisa

Many more agreements echoed through the call, George and Sapnap included.

Until I was the only one left who hadn't answered.

"What about you Big D?"

Silence ensued in the call once again.

I pondered my options.

Either I agreed, meet them all once before I die, risking the fact they find out I have Hanahaki.

Or refuse, causing questions and unwanted attention.

"I'll be there."

Cheers from everyone could be heard. Obviously, they were excited to meet up. I let out a breath I didn't know I held in, glad they were accepting of me.

I soon hung up on the call early. I decided to call Aphrodite, hoping for some love advice. Something I never thought I'd say.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me Aphrodite, wherever she is."

And I come face to face with my parents, Aphrodite, and Piper in the underwater palace, seeming like they were in the middle of a conversation.

Aphrodite POV

I was having a nice chat with Poseidon, Hestia and Piper in the underwater palace when an Iris message popped up in front of us. It was a dirty blonde man with the same sea green eyes as Poseidon. He looked liked he was in his early twenties, with a light tan and strong build. Instantly, Poseidon has his trident out, pointed at the Iris message.

"Who are you?" He growled. The man looked slightly confused before he facepalmed hard.

"How in the world did I forget?!" With a snap of his fingers, his form changed into something we all recognised.

"Percy!" Piper screamed. Percy smiled slightly. "Hey Pipes," he replied.

"So you've used my blessing I see," I wriggled my eyebrows slightly. Percy blushed, embarrassed.

"Yea. I'm trying to forget the past, after all. I like this form better." His looks shifted back to the dirty blond man, and he pulled a really cool lime green gaming chair an sat down on it.

"So what do you do now for a living? You know, without the fighting for you life stuff." Piper asked. Percy smiled, an spun around, the Iris message following him until we saw a wicked gaming setup. It had three monitors, a mic, headphones thrown carelessly on the desk, and everything was glowing from neon green LED lights.

"Doing what I did best as a child. Playing video games. I'm pretty damn famous now." He shrugged casually. I racked my brain through the most famous gamers.

"Don't recall a Percy Jackson being on there."  I frowned slightly. Percy's eyes lit up.

"Oh! I forgot I changed my name as well! Gosh, now that I think about it, it feels weird when someone calls me Percy now." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

That's when I noticed a porcelain smiley mask hanging at the edge of the left monitor. I was shocked.

"YOU'RE DREAM?" I squealed. The rest of them looked at me in confusion and Percy's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his head turning to see what gave him away.

"How did you— oh. Forgot the mask."

Piper had her mouth open in shock, Poseidon and Hestia looked surprised.

"'You're the guy Apollo is complaining about?" Percy, or Dream, frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Apollo has been bitiching nonstop about your song Roadtrip. It got a higher amount of views than him on YouTube. He was complaining about how you had a higher amount of views even though your career was gaming." Poseidon chuckled.

Percy squealed in embarrasment. "YOU GUYS LISTENED TO THAT?" All three of us nodded in unison. He scratched the back of his neck, his face resembling a tomato.

"Riiiight. Forgot you guys had phones now. I really need to keep a mental note of—" Percy broke into a slew of coughs. All Our eyes widened as a blue petal and an orange petal flew out of his mouth, covered in blood and saliva." "Shit," Percy exclaimed, grabbing a nearby bottle of water and downing it.

"Since when...?" Hestia whispered. Percy looked down at the floor sadly.

"Since this morning. I've been crushing on George and Sapnap since I was 13. I thought they were straight, and so I dated Annabeth instead. Turns out, George is gay and Sapnap is pan. As you know, they're dating. It hurts, especially when  we're living under the same roof. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into them making out. But I can't handle it. I'd rather die with our friendship intact, rather than getting treated like an outcast again. They're the ones that took me in when I Ieft camp." He muttered softly.

I looked at him pityingly. I could feel the utter heartbreak in his already shattered heart. Poseidon and Hestia had tears in their eyes, and Piper was crying openly.

After a while of crying and exchnaging phone numbers, footsteps and noises could be heard from Percy's side of the call. He immediately wiped his eyes and cleaned the blood and petals off of his hand.

"Sometimes, it's just never meant to be, right?" With a sad smile, he slashed through the connection.

Dream POV

I put the mental walls and mask up just in time as George and Sapnap walked in, smiling hand in hand.

"Can you believe it? We're going to meet the other SMP members!" George smiled happily. I forced a small smile on my face, before turning around to wash my slightly bloodied hands in the sink.

"Yeah, I'm excited too." I looked into the mirror and tried to tame my messy blond hair. But as usual, my hair sprung back up. I groaned inwardly.

"Anyway, the meetup is in Florida in 1 month. So they're coming over to stay. Figured our house was big enough, hope you don't mind." I choked on my spit.

"They're coming here?!" I yelled, glaring at them. George and Sapnap flinched slightly. I sighed and flopped down on my bed face first.

"Whatever, just get out of my room." I heard shuffling noises and the door close. I coughed harshly, more petals flying out of my mouth.

Tears leaked from my eyes. A couple more months, I told myself. A couple more months, and you'll see all of them again— Silena, Beckendorf, Michael, maybe even Luke.

Just a couple more months, and the torture will end.

Who would have thought? The Great Percy Jackson, Hero and Saviour of Olympus, was forgotten and betrayed, died because of unrequited love. Not even a battle.

I guess some things were never meant to be.

For y'all who came here for the PJO or are realitively new to the DSMP, 'It was never meant to be' is a quote said by Eret before he blew up L'manburg.

So I decided to add Hanahaki into this AU, considering this is a PJ crossover, I decided to twist a myth up a bit. To add the Mythology aspect in here, you know?

I'm sure all of you guys from the Miecraft Community have heard about the devastating news of Technoblade's passing. As some of you guys might have noticed, I'm trying to write a small memorial to put on Wattpad forever as a small thank you for all the Blood God has done to us. So please, DM me if you have anything to say. Credits will be given to you in your respective chapter. So yeah, this is kind of the reason why I'm posting a new chapter so soon. I needed to get my mind off of stuff.

Also, I have already planned on Technoblade being in this book. I have checked and Technoblade is fine with any fanfiction unless it is a ship that includes him. So the story will continue, and I don't want to just remove Technoblade from this book just because he died. To me, it feels like I'm trying to forget him by not putting him in my books. But he deserves to be remembered. So yeah, that's all I have to say.

Anyway, I enjoy writing this a lot! Please do show me some support, by leaving a vote and a follow will you? Thanks!

See you guys in the next chapter :)