⚡️ Chapter Three ⚡️

Start from the beginning

She continues. "Pride be damned. We do what we must to live. Your mom didn't ask us to be brave." Then, she walks besides me and takes the bread out of my hand and forcefully shoves it in Eren's mouth.

"Mikasa!" Armin and I exclaim softly.

"Eat it!" Mikasa demands. "She asked us to stay alive! I'm not about to let her down."

Eren begins speaking, but it's muffled because of the bread, so he just gives up and starts crying. He's probably been storing up all his emotions, so that makes sense as to why he's crying now.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"Armin, Y/n. Don't worry about me." Grandpa instructs. "You just worry about using those sharp minds of yours to keep yourselves alive."

It had been a year, since we'd been brought into Wall Rose and we've had the most terrible luck. Months ago, many of us refugees, including Grandpa, Armin, Eren, Mikasa, and I were put on a field to plant crops, but we didn't prosper from doing so.

As of right now, they're sending everyone off that's old enough to join the military to try and reclaim Wall Maria. Grandpa is currently saying goodbye to Armin and I. With his age, I'm afraid...he's not going to last long, so...this may be the last time we ever see him.

"I want to give both of you something, before I go." He informs.

I keep my head hanging, as I sniffle and rub at my eyes. "W-What is it, G-Grandpa?"

"For Armin..." He starts and says nothing, but places his straw hat on top of Armin's head. I start bursting into more tears and begin sobbing softly.

"Y/n..." He lifts my head up and wipes away my tears. "Don't waste your tears on me."

I open my mouth to say something, but I couldn't even speak, because of how much my lip was trembling.

He takes a chain off from around his neck and puts it over my head. I look down to see two rings.

"Those were your mother and father's rings." He informs. "I get the feeling that they would've wanted me to give them to you, and so I wouldn't forget, I always wore them around my neck."

"Thanks, Grandpa..." Armin thanks, his voice wavering.

I nod and grip the rings in my hand, still crying a little. "T-Thank you..."

"Now..." He lays a hand on both of our heads. "I'd best be off now, kids." We both nod and watch, as he walks away from us.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Armin and I are currently sitting against a wall. He's holding Grandpa's hat out in front of him, crying. I'm staring at the wall with no emotion, fumbling with the rings that hang around my neck.

Just as we had suspected, Grandpa never made it back. Over 250,000 people were sent and not even 200 came back. The Titans are killing too many people and they need to be stopped.

"We have to find a way to stop them." Eren remarks. "Our lives will never be our own until we do..."

With the same emotionless look, I look up at him, since he's still standing beside me. "This world will never feel like home again..."

He slides down the wall, sitting down by me. "That's it. Next year, I'll be applying to join the Survey Corps, so I can become a Scout. To become strong enough to fight back."

"Then..." I stare at him, before looking at the rings. "Then I'm going to join too..."

"What?" Armin asks, looking at me in bewilderment. "I thought you said if you joined you were going to join the Military Police."

I glare at the wall, as if it had done something wrong to me. "Not anymore. I want to become a Scout and try to retake Wall Maria. Sure. I'll be scared out of my mind, but I'm joining. Even if it means I'll die! They took all of our homes and families. They deserve to die."

Armin's hand touches my shoulder. "I'm with you. I'm not leaving your side. Ever."

"I'm joining too." Mikasa adds, making me nod at her.

"Damn it!" Eren exclaims. "I'm not trying to drag you three in. Look. There's no point in following me to my death!"

"Yeah, and if I can help it, then it won't be your death." Mikasa replies.

"Eren." I get his attention. "We might not show our hate for the Titans as verbally as you do, but we hate them with a burning passion as well. You can't change our minds. We are joining the Scouts with you."

He stands up and nods firmly. "Alright. Together then."

Now, I'm a little scared for the next year to come. I'm scared, because the Scouting Regiment is the riskiest regiment to join, because of all the deaths, but I will get revenge on those damn Titans for taking our homes and families.

I know that I'll at least have three people looking out for me. Armin: He's my twin brother. He's always looked out for me. Mikasa: I'm sure she's going to become even more intimidating and protective, as we grow older. And Eren: He's kept our promise, since we've made it and I don't think he's going to break it anytime soon.

A/N: Hey, cadets! I'm excited for the next chapter, because they're going to start their training!

Anyways, if you can't tell, I'm trying to building Y/n's confidence up little by little. Please let me know how I'm doing. I hope you all enjoyed. Bye, cadets!