⚡️ Chapter Three ⚡️

Börja om från början

Eren just glares up at the two men. "You're spineless cowards! All of you! You don't...you don't know what it's like! Have you seen one?! Have you seen what they can do?!"

"Huh?" The man only grimaces at him and walks toward him again. "Why, you little piece of sh-"

I was already running toward them with a sudden burst of courage and jumped in between Eren and the man. "He's sorry, sir!" I hang my head and pant a little. "It's just...he's gets like this when he's hungry..."

"We all get that way, right?" Armin asks, laying a hand on my shoulder. "We speak our minds out of turn sometimes?"

I drop to my knees, clasping my hands together, and look up at the man. "Please...will you forgive him?"

The man scoffs. "Yeah? Well, keep in mind who's giving up their share, so you can eat." He walks away from us. "In case you hadn't noticed, we're all hungry. Tell your buddy a little gratitude goes a long way."

"Sure!" Armin and I exclaim in unison, as Armin helps me off the ground.

"Bastards..." Eren mutters. "I'm not about to show gratitude to a coward!" He gets off the ground and walks over to a wall that is apart of the storage building and sits on it.

Wanting to stick together, Armin, Mikasa, and I walk over to the wall with him, but stay standing on the ground in front of him.

He shakes his head. "I can't do this. I'm going back to Wall Maria. The Titans have to pay for what they've done to us."

"Hey, now." Armin starts. "You're not serious. That's your stomach talking."

I lay a hand on Armin's shoulder. "I don't think it is, Armin. He is being serious. The Titans destroyed our homes."

"Exactly!" Eren exclaims, looking up at us. "Wake up! The guys standing between them and us are just a bunch of talk!" He looks at his bread and snarls at it. "To hell with all of them! Here! I'm going back!"

He throws the bread at Armin, who bounces it from hand to hand before finally catching it.

I take the bread out of Armin's hand and shove it into Eren's chest "Eren. Don't starve yourself. Eat this."

"I don't want it!" He aggressively shoves it back at me. "When are you going to get sick of their charity? Too much is handed to us! We have to stand on our own two feet!"

Armin pulls me back. "To do what? Get killed by a Titan? I don't know about Y/n, but I used to think our future was beyond the walls, but it's like you told that man. I'd never seen what they could do to us!"

"So, that's it?!" Eren asks. "This is just the way life is?! We run away and take what we're given?!"

"Eren!" I shout, gaining a few eyes from the crowd behind him. "Look at us! Remember what happened to our homes! What other choice do we have here?!"

I hate arguing. I especially don't like that we're now arguing for the first time with our friend. Mikasa needs to step in and stop us now. I would, but...Eren is being irrational again.

"We can damn well leave!" Eren replies. "If you two want to scrape by on the charity of cowards, then that's both of your things! I'm not a parasite!" That sent a sudden pang through my heart.

Suddenly, Eren is punched to the ground, courtesy of Mikasa, who just stands there with her fist still up in the air. I knew she'd stop us soon and I'm glad she did.

"Mikasa..." Armin says softly and looks down at Eren.

"Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Mikasa asks Eren, now lowering her fist. "All of us are parasites. We couldn't run from certain death without help. Tell me differently. Don't take your shortcomings out on them. For God's sake, we can't even find food on our own. We're parasites. We're cowards. Titans are at the top of the food chain. Period." Eren growls and looks away from her.