'She's okay, I'll meet you in the car Mer.'

Meredith's POV:

I was surprised Derek was happy in stopping at Ellis' school it was a huge help. We pulled up to the school when my phone rang I saw the number and my face dropped instantly.

'Hey what's wrong?' Derek asked sincerely pointing down at my phone.

'Oh no it's all fine.' I looked up in the rear view mirror to see Ellis in the back holding her backpack on her lap eager to get out. We were in the drop off line as today was a Thursday, the school made a new drop off schedule which were on Thursday's and Friday mornings. Mrs Kingsley opened the back door of Derek's Porsche 'Oh hello Ellis I didn't realise it was you, I was expecting your mummy's car.' She said with an over exaggerate smile whilst looking to the front of the car. 'Oh Dr Grey you are here, sorry I wasn't aware that it was you in here.'

'No it's fine we took Derek's car as mine has broken down. Anyway bye Ellis I love you so so much my sweet.' I blew a few kisses with my hands over to her. As Mrs Kingsley helped Ellis out the car another teacher took her hand and followed her into school. As Derek was about to drive off Mrs Kingsley tapped on his side window. 'Oh God' I thought, what could she want now? Derek rolled down his window and flashed his classic mcdreamy smile.

Mrs Kingsley put her hands on her chest as she spoke 'Derek was it?'

'Yeah that's correct.'

'Okay brilliant. Just a reminder you guys Ellis' mini soft ball game is tomorrow after school. Meredith all the dad's are coming to this one so this time just be aware of that as I presume last week you didn't get the memo, it was only you who came.' She referred her statement to both Derek and I.

I scoffed honestly how rude. Is she that insensitive, does she know that not all kid's have dad's . And why would she just presume Derek was her dad ? I don't understand why there are these little events where it's for the kids and their dads , sure there's ones for kids and their mums but I show up to them all. Why does Ellis have to bring her dad?

'Well actually-' Started Derek but the I cut him off.

'Ellis' dad will be there don't worry' I sent a sarcastic grin and then I took my seatbelt off to lean over Derek's side to do the window up. He stared at me for a moment. 'What?' I asked him.

'What was that?'

'That was me blocking out Mrs Kingsley, she's so insensitive.'

'What do you mean?' 

' Make sure Ellis brings her dad this time.' I mocked.

'Why doesn't she?' He looked over at me before returning his gaze back to the road.

'I don't know you well enough for this conversation.'

'Cmon we're friends.'

'I'll only just scare you off and you won't want to be friends with me anymore.'

'Well I promise you now I won't leave. I won't run and I hope we could be more then friends.'

'I'd like that.'

'Okay so it's agreed.'

'What's agreed?' I question him.

'You and I both want to be more then just friends.'

'Ye-yes' I said quietly.

'Let's date.'

'Date?'

'Yes Mer, let's date you know I take you out to a nice restaurant etc etc. More of those hot kisses you and I have been exchanging.' He laughed and sent me a wink.

'But we barely know each other.'

'Hence the dating. We will get to know more things about each other.'

I simply nodded my head in response. 

It didn't take too long until we reached the Jeep dealership and Derek parked up in the lot.

'You know Porsche's are great.' Derek suggested.

'I'm sure they are but I am here for a Jeep I already know which one I want.' I stated walking to the front doors.

'Then why am I here?'

'Well, you offered your opinion on them so I thought I would listen to you but if they are all only about Porsche's then take you and your opinions over there.'

He took his hands out his pockets and walked over next to me 'Fine fine I'll be helpful.'

'Brilliant' I teased.

An hour or so had passed and that's when I saw her. My brand new Jeep.

'I want that one.' I pointed at a brand new white jeep.

'Excellent choice Dr Grey I'll meet you inside in a moment I'll just get all the forms ready.'

'Thankyou.' I ran over to the car and couldn't contain my excitement. I opened the door and got in the driver's seat.

'You look like a kid on Christmas morning.' Derek laughed.

'I do don't I. Are you getting in?'

'I'm not sure is it safe?'

'Of course it's safe. I can drive.' 

He hesitantly got in the passenger side. 'Mer why do you want this car?'

'Because I love Jeep's and this one has plenty of room for Ellis and I as well as extra seats. Oh and guess what this one you can take the roof off of so I'm looking forward to taking Ell down the beach with the roof down I know she will love it.'

'That sounds wonderful. Don't blame you for wanting it now aha.  But you realise this is a stick?' He pointed at the gear stick.

'No I didn't but I do now.' I laughed.

'Do you know how to drive one?'

'Believe me Derek I can use a stick.' I sent a mischievous grin whilst biting down on my bottom lip. His cheeks went a rose colour.

Thankyou for Reading.

Please read my other story if you haven't already.

Please comment and vote.