。6 。

♡

DAKOTA, SIDNEY and Tatum were back at Tatum's house, in her room. Sidney and Dakota were on one bed, Tatum on the other. The Prescott lay down, messing with her thumbs across her stomach while Tatum was fiddling with her stuffed rabbit, Dakota sat up beside Sidney.

"God, I loved it. 'I'll send you a copy.' Bam! Bitch went down." Tatum grinned, sitting up. "'I'll send you a copy.' Bam! Sid, superbitch! You are so cool."

"It was very entertaining." Dakota smiled as Dewey walked into the room.

"Thought you might want some ice for that right hook." Dewey said, looking to Sidney.

Sidney caught it as he threw it to her, "Thanks."

"I'll be right next door. Try to get some sleep." Dewey assured.

"Yeah, yeah." Tatum waved him off and he left the room, closing the door behind Hm.

"Do you really think Billy did it?" Tatum inquired as the phone rang in the distance, Sidney turning to face her back to the blonde.

"He was there, Tatum." Sidney mumbled and Dakota frowned, brushing her fingers through her hair.

"He was destined to have a flaw. I knew he was too perfect." Tatum smiled.

A knock sounded at the door and Tatum's mum walked in, "Telephone, honey."

"Who is it?" Tatum asked.

"It's for Sid." She replied.

Sidney turned to look at Mrs. Riley, "My dad?"

"I don't think so." She denied.

"Take a message." Tatum suggested, lying back on her bed.

"No, um, I'll get it." Sidney replied, leaving the ice pack on the bed as she pushed herself up, going out of the room for the phone.

"How's she doin'?" Mrs. Riley asked and both girls shrugged in reply, uncertain of what Sidney was feeling.

Sidney moved over to the phone, placing it to her ear, "Hello."

"Hello, Sidney." The killer said down the line, starling the girl.

"No!" She cried and both Tatum and Dakota sped from the bedroom towards her.

"Poor Billy-boyfriend. An innocent guy doesn't stand a chance with you." They taunted.

"Leave me alone!" Sidney ordered, Mrs. Riley joining Tatum and Dakota in watching Sidney's reactions to the phone call.

"Looks like you fingered the wrong guy... Again." They added as Mrs. Riley called for Dewey.

"Who are you?" Sidney demanded.

"Hang up, Sid." Dakota suggested.

"Don't worry. You'll find out soon enough. I promise." They finished, ending the call as Sidney's eyes welled up.

"What?" Dewey asked, rushing out of his bedroom with a gun.

"C'mon." Dakota mumbled, leading Sidney back into the bedroom with Tatum and Mrs. Riley.

Dewey picked up the phone, holding it to his ear, as if he expected someone to be there, "Hello."

After a while of speaking, Tatum had fallen asleep in her bed, cuddling her stuffed rabbit while Sidney lay awake, looking up at the ceiling, thinking about the phone call from the killer. Dakota was next to her, facing away from her towards the wall.

Hearing a sniffle come from her friend, Dakota turned over to look at her, "Can't sleep?"

"After that, you think I can?" Sidney joked, offering a weak smile as she turned on her side.

"You raise a good point." Dakota hummed.

"I suppose something good came out of that call." Sidney mused and Dakota hummed for her to explain. "At least we know it's not Billy."

"Yeah..." Dakota trailed off, thinking. "Wouldn't he get a phone call though? He could've used that."

"Dakota!" Sidney scoffed quietly, slapping her shoulder.

"I'm just saying that you've gotta think about these things! Until the killer's caught properly, everyone could potentially be the murderer." Dakota explained.

"What, so you could be?" Sidney joked.

"Yeah, I secretly called you and spoke down the phone while being next to you like a ventriloquist act." Dakota snorted, Sidney smiling.

"Why has he chose me next, though? Or at least tried to. I don't understand." Sidney mumbled.

"I don't think they have specific targets. They're just adding to their list." Dakota replied. "You won't be next."

"And how do you know?" Sidney asked.

"You're gonna have me, Dewey and Tatum barricaded around you like your own personal body guards." Dakota responded and Sidney chuckled. "And, if it isn't Billy, you'll have a fourth body guard, I presume."

"So I'll be walking around with a human wall surrounding me, I take it." Sidney grinned.

"Try and stop my master plan, I dare you." Dakota muttered making Sidney's grin widen. "Try and get some sleep. You've got one brick next to you and another a meter away. And Dewey, although he's got two left feet. You'll be fine."

"I'll try." Sidney nodded against the pillow and turned back around on her other side. "Could you...?"

Dakota smiled to herself and wrapped an arm around her waist, Sidney relaxing into her chest, their legs curled together under the quilt. Slowly, Sidney fell asleep and Dakota did, too, momentarily forgetting about the potential targets on all of their backs.

{830}