The Nightmare Realm

Start from the beginning

The same applies to amorphous shape

The same applies to amorphous shape. They have too many eyes and are also not 2D.

Hectorgon however has me stumped

Hectorgon however has me stumped. They fit all the requirements to be a Flatlander except for being three dimensional. It's possible he changed his appearance but I'm just not so convinced anyone but Bill survived the destruction of Flatland. Bill seems to choose to stay 2D within the nightmare realm which makes me wonder why hectorgon would and Bill didn't. Perhaps he is from the dimension sphere is from. I don't know. My final verdict is that no one survived but Bill.

Back to our regular schedule of our favorite triangle.

So why was Bill so interested in ruling after everything? For one, Bill was stuck there. Despite not having a physical form anymore, that didn't matter within the Nightmare Realm. There's no physics in the nightmare realm that would require him to have a physical form to do anything. He also probably would have been easily able to change his appearance because of this too, gaining his top hat and bowtie.

If Bill was so depressed, insane and unstable, how was he able to rule successfully? I'd like to show you this quote Bill said himself in the AMA...

"LIE UNTIL WHAT YOU WANT TO BECOME TRUE BECOMES TRUE. LIE UNTIL YOU CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT'S A LIE AND WHAT'S NOT. LIE UNTIL YOU AREN'T LYING ANYMORE."

While Bill was advising someone with this, it doesn't mean it's meaningless advice. I think this is exactly what Bill did to try and bury his pain away. It even sounds like something one would say on repeat to memorize something. He already lost his sanity. All he needed to do to convince himself that what he did to Flatland was something he wanted to do. That way he wouldn't be in pain anymore. Becoming an insane demon bent on destruction would make him ignore his hurt. This is exactly how Bill Cipher came to be. There's much reason to believe he never forgot about his pain, and I have proof for that later.

His life continued like this in the Nightmare realm for over a trillion years. We humans can't even imagine how much pain one could be in for that long. We just can't wrap our minds around such a big number. So chances are we won't ever be able to just measure his emotions like we can with ourselves. Bill CIpher is the most insane being in the universe for all we know. Trying to analyze the scale of that is near impossible. So a trillion years of unimaginable insanity and despair continued until we reached the events of the show.

Now, because this has already gone on for a long time and I still have things I need to go over, I will not be saying literally everything about Bill

Now, because this has already gone on for a long time and I still have things I need to go over, I will not be saying literally everything about Bill. I know other people have done good jobs reviewing all the canon things we know from things he said, what we can see, what kind of powers he has, what he was like in human history, all that stuff. It would kind of be a bit pointless to resay all that stuff if other people have already written it somewhere. And yes, the theory of Flatland and Bill is not an original theory of mine. However, people have only briefly touched on what his life was in Flatland. For example, I've personally never seen anyone make the connection of Bill Cipher by default being adopted. Or the connection I've found in journal three. So I took it on myself to share quite literally everything people brush over while still adding the things we do know to make a fleshed-out timeline in a sense. There are things that are canon that has been reviewed and analyzed by multiple other people that I already have or will be mentioning. This is because those things are still very valid to all the points I've made and back up everything I've said.

Lets review:

- Bill is from the 2nd dimension, a world filled with different kinds of shapes and lines known as Flatland.
- Bill as an equilateral triangle is part of one of the lowest classes in society and is thus mistreated. Flatland has a social hierarchy that has triangles at the bottom, squares next, then pentagons, etc. Circles are at the top of society. At the very bottom (not considered part of society) are irregular triangles and irregular shapes, and the women who are straight lines.
- Unlike equal-sided shapes (every child has one more side than his father), Irregular triangles over many generations of careful breeding can have equilateral triangle sons.
- Bill Cipher, an equilateral triangle, comes from a line of ancestors (the isosceles) who have been oppressed all their lives for generations. Those same ancestors main purpose in society is to eventually give birth to Bill.
- Because of laws in Flatland, Bill would have been forcefully taken away from his birth parents and then adopted by a new family. He'd be forbidden to ever know or meet his birth parents.
- It's likely when growing up, Bill's ego, personality, mental health, and ideology were affected by living in Flatland.
- Bill would have gone to school and then would have started to learn about the hard truth of flatland.
- Bill Cipher's voice is echoey and loud because of Flatland. This is how Flatlanders can discriminate against triangles without being able to see shapes.
- In the gravity falls story, Bill Cipher takes the place of A Square from the book Flatland. Anything that happened to A Square, happened to Bill. The next parts of this review will be explaining what happened.
- A stranger appears before Bill. He is a Sphere (named Sphere) from the 3rd dimension. He explains to Bill that there is a third dimension but Bill does not believe him
- As a way to convince Bill, Sphere takes him into the Mindscape for the first time to see three dimensions.
- The theory of Bill being from Flatland and all the other things mentioned are proven by cannon, never before seen evidence in Journal
- Sphere came to Flatland to attempt to convince the government of flatland there is a dimension.
- The pupil was Bill. Sphere taught Bill all about the third dimension and magic. Eventually, Bill became bored with the information he was given. He wanted to know more. Bill believed there were more dimensions to learn about but Sphere denied this. The two fought and Bill decided he'd discover the fourth dimension by himself without sphere. He left the guidance of Sphere after.
- Determined to document what he's seen, Bill starts writing a book about everything he saw in the third dimension but continued to reach roadblocks and becomes mentally unstable. Just like Ford Pines.
- Bill shares his book filled with his discovery to the people of Flatland but is arrested and put on trial.
- Bill was sentenced to death but Bill defended himself with magic. Due to his unstable emotions, his magic started destroying all of Flatland. He escaped by entering the mindscape and lost his physical form. His magic killed everyone in Flatland. He then becomes insane.