Irregular Triangles, aka the fries at the bottom no one likes

How can equilateral triangles/Bill exist if there's no shape with two sides? After all, every son in flatland is born with one more side than his father, and there's no shape with two sides. We need to go over three topics before I can properly answer that. As I mentioned earlier, Bill is part of the lowest class accepted into society, but that doesn't mean he is the lowest class. There are two other types of groups below Bill according to Flatland. Let me introduce you to the irregular-sided triangles, irregular shapes, and women of Flatland. Let's first discuss who and what the irregular triangles are.

"Our Soldiers and Lowest Classes of Workmen are Triangles with two equal sides, each about eleven inches long, and a base or third side so short (often not exceeding half an inch) that they form at their vertices a very sharp and formidable angle

"Our Soldiers and Lowest Classes of Workmen are Triangles with two equal sides, each about eleven inches long, and a base or third side so short (often not exceeding half an inch) that they form at their vertices a very sharp and formidable angle. Indeed when their bases are of the most degraded type (not more than the eighth part of an inch in size). they can hardly be distinguished from Straight Lines or Women; so extremely pointed are their vertices. With us, as with you, these Triangles are distinguished from others by being called Isosceles" (A-Square).

"Who (irregular triangles) indeed can hardly be said to deserve the name of human Figures, since they do not have all their sides equal." (A-Square).

"you isosceles monster!"

Instead of just having the higher class look down and mistreat these triangles, it's almost everyone who does. However, the lower classes still have these prejudices but tolerate them. These triangles are allowed in Flatland for one reason. If they weren't needed for that reason, they'd execute them all. You'll learn more about that reason soon. But we have two more types of shapes we need to go over.

Lets review:

- Bill is from the 2nd dimension, a world filled with different kinds of shapes and lines known as Flatland.
- Bill as an equilateral triangle is part of one of the lowest classes in society and is thus mistreated. Flatland has a social hierarchy that has triangles at the bottom, squares next, then pentagons, etc. Circles are at the top of society. At the very bottom (not considered part of society) are irregular triangles.