"Why you?", he laughed, as if this was the dumbest question he had ever heard, "Because I notice everything about you, Steph. I love you and I see you. I love the way you become serious sometimes, and tilt your head slightly to the right, and your left eyelid twitches just a little at the corner."

She furrowed plafully her brow in response.

"Yes you do... you do that, honey.", he said laughingly, when he saw her trying to open her mouth to say something, "Don't interrupt me, please, I want to say it all ... all at once."

She obeyed and closed her mouth again, sweetly looking up at him.

"You, um, you bite your lip when you are worried, and .. ah... you lower you head and smile when you are embarrassed. I notice the way your hair swirls when you turn your head. I like the way you wrinkle your nose at me when I tease you. Yes, you do, honey... you do that, too. I think it's cute.", he went on and pinched gently her nose, "I love the sound of your moans when I make love to you and you are very aroused. You make little squeals when you cum, Steph. Those squeals are what push me over the edge most times."

She blushed in response and just like he had just said she lowered her head and looked away.

"You have a special smile for when you are being a brat, and one for when you are up to something and you don't want me to know. But, after a couple of questions, you always come clean wondering how I knew! You have one smile that just says you are happy, and your day is going well. You have another special sweet one just before you are going to say, 'I love you, Lindsey.' And even though, I haven't heard you saying that in so long, I can see it in your eyes every single time you're about to accidentally blurt it out but regain your composure and keep it to yourself..."

"Lindsey, I.."

"Shh, please.. Let me finish this..", he said softly and hushed her by putting two fingers on her lips, "I love the way my name sounds when you say it... it sounds like music to my ears, you know. And lastly, you have a smile that tells me you are about to ask me to make love to you. That one comes with a serious look, and your lips become pale as your blood races to... um... other places.", he chuckled, "That intensely urgent little smile, Steph.. It always makes me hard.."

When he had finished, she buried her head in the curve of his arm, sheepishly giggling like a little girl by his words, her cheeks red-colored by embarrassment.

"I still love you.", she admitted then quietly, the words muffled against his chest but he could hear them though, "I've always loved you, Linds."

Oh, how good it felt to finally hear her saying that again. It had been 14 years since he had heard those beautiful words coming out of her mouth and it excited him more than ever before.

He looked deep into her eyes, then placed a kiss on her nose.

"I love you, too."

He cradled her face and gently pressed his mouth on her lips to kiss her.

"Lindsey?", she said after a while.

"Yes?"

He backed of a little to make eye contact again.

"Can you promise me one thing?"

"Anything.", he smiled, "As long as it isn't you telling me again to not be with you."

"That it isn't. I want to be with you.", she said sheepishly.

"Oh, thanks God!", he laughed in relief, "Then, what is it?"

"Don't tell Kristen about.. About our Hawaii trips, please?"

"I won't."

"And not about... about..", she stuttered, "..about Lily."

"I promise I won't. That's no one's business but ours."

"Okay.", she nodded, "Thank you, Linds."

"So, we're doing this, Steph? You and me? In a relationship?"

She took a deep breath and nodded.

"If this is what you want?", she asked quietly.

"Of course! More than I want anything else!", he assured her again.

"Then yes, Linds. We're doing this!", she said and finally she smiled.

And she smiled so brightly, so full of happiness that it lit up the whole room. It had been such a long time since he had seen her glowing like that.

He grinned like a crazy fool in love and crashed his lips onto hers and she instantly wrapped her arms around his neck and parted her lips when he asked for entrance. Their tongues met softly and wetly in her warm mouth and he rolled her on her back to climb on top of her. He kissed her with such an amount of love and passion that she couldn't help but moan happily into his mouth. This all was just to good to be true!

"I love you.. I love you.. I love you..", he said over and over again and punctuated each word with a kiss, his warm tongue travelling down her jawline to her throat to lightly bite her soft flesh and inhale her seductive scent.

Her fingers ran through his short, gray curls, her nails lightly scratching his scalp, sending shivers down his spine.

Somehow, her hands found their way underneath his shirt and she tried to pull it over his head. It took all the strength he had within himself to put a hold on it and grab her wrists to stop her from feeling him up.

"Stop it, Steph..", he said reluctantly and grinned down at her when he pinned her hands above her head.

"Just a little-"

"No chance! Be a good girl and wait for me!", he said, lowered his head and teased her slightly by running his tongue over her soft lips.

"Okay.", she said, lovingly looking up at him.

"And don't you dare start touching yourself before I'm back! I wanna have you all for myself tonight!", he grinned mischievously and pushed his knee between her parted thighs so it brushed her center, causing her to gasp in response.

"Lindsey..", she moaned in frustration when he kissed her once more and then got up from bed to dress himself and leave, "Please.. Stay.."

"Stevie, I want this the right way, okay? I wanna be free to be with you. No more cheating!"

She watched him and then nodded again.

"Be careful with her, will you? It's not her fault. It's mine."

He turned around to look at her.

"I'll be as gentle as possible.. Even though I doubt, there is a nice way to end a 13-year-old marriage."