Chapter 9

March, 2013

Weeks had past by, even months, and Lindsey had lost Stevie once again. She had totally shut him out. She didn't anwer the phone and hadn't reacted when he had come to visit her at her condo. Not even her closest friends really knew what was going on, only that she was desperately grieving for her mother and didn't want to have anybody around.

By now, Lindsey feared that she was suffering from some kind of depression and it worried him immensely.

It was only a few days left until they would start rehearsals with Fleetwood Mac again to kick of their world tour on April 4th in Columbus, and for the first time in his life, he wasn't sure if Stevie would even show up. He had called Mick yesterday to ask him, if he knew more about Stevie's current condition. He had told him that he hadn't seen Stevie himself since Barbara's funeral but had talked to her on the phone and she had promised him to be there when rehearsals started.

Since she was still ignoring Lindsey and refused any contact to him whatsoever, he had no other option than to wait two more days and hope to see her again. He just couldn't wait to finally leave LA and be on the road with her. This was perhaps the only chance for him to get through to her.

---

Two days later

Lindsey was impatiently waiting at the studio. He had been the first one to arrive, and by now, Mick, John and the rest of the crew had dropped in. Still, Stevie was missing.

"Calm down, mate! She's always the last one to arrive!", John joked and slapped Lindsey on the shoulder.

Lindsey said nothing, stood up instead and left the room to go for a short walk. He couldn't take it anymore. He was so worried. What if something happened? He missed her so terribly.

When he came back after 15 minutes and Stevie still hadn't shown up he freaked out.

"I go and drive to her condo now!"

"Lindsey, come on!", Mick tried to calm him down, "I don't think that's necessary."

"Mick? Where is she? Tell me! She's never been that late before! Her mother died only three months ago. God knows, if..-"

"It's great you care that much, Lindsey. But I'm here, now. Karen and I sat in traffic!"

Lindsey turned around. There she was. Stevie.

"Steph!", he sighed relieved and rushed to take her into his arms.

"I was so worried..", he mumbled in her ear, "Why didn't you answer my calls? I was at your condo.. Stevie, where..-?"

"Hi Mick!", Stevie said, let go of Lindsey, completely ignoring his words and hugging Mick and John instead.

Lindsey sighed angrily and disappointed at the same time. He would have to start winning her back once again. He was so tired of fighting for her but he knew, if he succeeded in the end, it would be more than worth it. She was worth it.

---

After three hours of discussing the basics and deciding which songs to play, they started working on their evergreens, their golden songs that always needed to be performed.

Since Stevie had entered the room, she escaped Lindsey's eyes. She didn't even look at him when he was talking to her directly and it freaked him completely out. He wanted to talk to her badly but she made sure to surround herself with people all the time. Even to the ladie's room she went with Karen.

It was 8 pm when they decided to call it a day and everybody was about to leave the building. Stevie was one of the firsts to head out to not spend one single second alone with Lindsey. She knew she wasn't ready yet to talk to him, even though it was inevitable.