Chapter 18[Unedited]

{ }

It seemed as though my patience was running thin. Vincent had diligently bothered me every single day, asking about me schedule, and he's becoming a hindrance. My schedule? What the hell is there to do? I have no idea what courses through his brain to make him think that my life is eventful.

From the time I wake up and to the time I hit the bed, Rita is there by my side. Originally I liked how attentive she was, but it feels like I'm losing privacy. I don't know how I ignored it for so long, and I wonder just how big of an influence Lilius had on me.

I feel more foolish, emotional and I've gained new habits that I didn't have before. In fact, I feel rather bipolar, which is uncomfortable. I haven't lashed out, but it's a strange eeriness that I will. Of course, I have no intention to. Regardless, if gives me no comfort to know that my being, habits, personality, has changed because of Lilius.

According to my "deal" with Vincent, I will be meeting the heroine. I guess he already assumed I knew about her. Anyhow that time won't coming until spring, so it meant little to nothing to me. I just simply wouldn't do anything foolish to make her remember me by.  Plus, the prince, Cyril, still knows nothing about her.

The novel was moving in a rather slow pace, and I still hadn't thought deeply of the future. Realistically I should, and am, be alarmed by my transmission, but due to the influence Lilius had on me, I adapted quickly. This realization made me stutter.

Rita was by my side, her appearance faintly disheveled; her attire wasn't ironed and she had visible bags like she was dehydrated and tired, but because of my own spite I said no words of concern. Brief joy coursed through my head translucent as glass in my thoughts.

The royal family would soon celebrate the second prince's birthday, which was in this cursed winter season. I was not looking forward to the trip.

The most logical solution was if the Marquis had bought an estate in the capital, and we stayed during the winter. In fact, I believe he has an estate there. I mean he is a Marquis, known in the novel to be the right hand man of the king.

Though that was in title only. The king was a rather anxious and rash ruler, he did not trust his own people, including his relatives. A Duke, who has more power seemed more fitting than a Marquis, but it's precisely because the Marquis has little power that he is the right hand man to the monarch. They wouldn't be able to rebel.

The king's rashness is displayed vividly in the novel by imprisoning the heroine without investigation after the provocation of the Marquis's words. In a sense, the Marquis has the ability to trick the king into many actions because of the little combat power he holds; because the king does not believe they would ever rebel, nor have the power to.

The kingdom's foundation is built on this print. Luckily, the crown prince is quite smart, though falls behind a male lead like the second prince, Cyril, he would be a great leader. Perhaps, able to undo the knot the current monarch has left alone. That is, of course, if he wasn't killed by his brother, the true protagonist and male lead.

"Master Lilius, would you like to take a bath?" Shattering my thoughts in millions of pieces and gaining my clarity, Rita speaks suddenly.

I had a bath five hours ago.

My lip twitches, "...Okay."

But there really wasn't anything else to do in this god forsaken winter. I'm so fucking done.

"Snacks after?" She smiles slightly.

I croak shamefully, "...please," bowing my head with a passing thought.

Rita knows me too well.

———

?Grandmar mestakes,!